I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Stableford off the blue tees today, scored one point on the first two holes and 7 points on the next two holes.
18 out and thought I might put a half decent score together, wrong, 13 back for 31 total.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great day today. First round of the club championships. Groups are done in handicap order, but I had a nice group with two fellers I hadn't met before, but both were excellent company. I had a bit of a horror start, bogey, double, double, double, all of them with three putts. Felt like it was over before it began really, but I made a birdie on the 5th - that gave me hope which was quickly snuffed out by doubles on the 6th and 7th as well. Parred the 8th and then another birdie on the 9th somehow gave me hope that I wasn't totally dead. 44 front nine which was two over handicap I think.

Back nine was just so much tidier. Four pars, four bogeys and just the one double, so the end result was net level par! By the time I handed my card in there were only two people who were under net par, so I was sitting 3rd. Plenty of people still to play after me though, so we'll see. Tee times for tomorrow are done in gross order I believe, but an 84 should mean I don't have to get up too early thankfully! And another round like today and I should be right in contention for the net prize. (y)

My fellow group members didn't fare so well unfortunately. One had a cracking front nine bar one triple, but he lost the plot on the back and ended up 8 over or so. The other just never got going and didn't make a par until the 15th (and 18th). But both top blokes and we had a great day.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Stableford at ours, off the back blocks. Course is stunning but the second cut is brutal - as bad as I’ve ever seen anywhere - and the breeze was up, making it a real test. So I was really pleased to sign for 36 points, especially as the wheel looked like coming off on the back nine.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Great day today. First round of the club championships. Groups are done in handicap order, but I had a nice group with two fellers I hadn't met before, but both were excellent company. I had a bit of a horror start, bogey, double, double, double, all of them with three putts. Felt like it was over before it began really, but I made a birdie on the 5th - that gave me hope which was quickly snuffed out by doubles on the 6th and 7th as well. Parred the 8th and then another birdie on the 9th somehow gave me hope that I wasn't totally dead. 44 front nine which was two over handicap I think.

Back nine was just so much tidier. Four pars, four bogeys and just the one double, so the end result was net level par! By the time I handed my card in there were only two people who were under net par, so I was sitting 3rd. Plenty of people still to play after me though, so we'll see. Tee times for tomorrow are done in gross order I believe, but an 84 should mean I don't have to get up too early thankfully! And another round like today and I should be right in contention for the net prize. (y)

My fellow group members didn't fare so well unfortunately. One had a cracking front nine bar one triple, but he lost the plot on the back and ended up 8 over or so. The other just never got going and didn't make a par until the 15th (and 18th). But both top blokes and we had a great day.
Well played. Could you resist checking how the 'Facebook posters' faired? ?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
36 hole comp. Plenty of nutrition, compression boxer shorts, change of socks and clothes between rounds, anti chafing cream gallons of fluid and a total of 40000 steps today with an added two dog walks.

It’s an early night tonight.

D

Deleted member 18121

Broke 80 today for the 3rd time... Shot a +7 round of 77. I was 7 over on the front 9 and came back in level par....first time I've ever parred a whole front/back 9.

Now if I could cut out the stupid 3 putts.....

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shot a net 68 today -4.. Captains prize round 1 a major.
Only 7 shots behind the winner 27 hcap who had 9 pars.
64 by a 38 capper was second but it was max 32 cap or he would have shot 58.
WHS seems to be throwing some stupid scores in .
I just can’t beat a 61.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shot a net 68 today -4.. Captains prize round 1 a major.
Only 7 shots behind the winner 27 hcap who had 9 pars.
64 by a 38 capper was second but it was max 32 cap or he would have shot 58.
WHS seems to be throwing some stupid scores in .
I just can’t beat a 61.

We had a 24 handicap win with 48 points. He had 47 standing on the 18th tee and threw in a triple for a single point.

Hes a mate of a guy playing with us today. Apparently hits it a mile. Gives up when he throws in a few bad holes so only really has good and poor rounds. The kinda guy the new system probably doesnt grasp. Scores 81 or 101.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As our track is in use by England Golf for their U18 Championship this week, 24 of us members toddled up the road to Camberley way and played Pine Ridge. My first time playing it and a pretty darned excellent Pay and Play track I thought. Had a nice knock of 9 over - so one under my PH.

Then back to home track to walk round and watch the 2nd round of the England under 18s championship. Some absolutely superb golf from the youngsters, topped off by our very own Lottie Woad eagling the last to finish the day at 8 under and in the lead. Cut from 132 to 40 for two rounds tomorrow. I’ll be watching.

https://www.englandgolf.org/english-under-18-championship-day-two-eagle-finish-gives-woad-the-lead/

It’s live through England Golf on YouTube, their website or Facebook pages of both EG and Farnham GC, plus packages from the first two days. Worth watching these youngsters play the game. Boy are the good.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had a 24 handicap win with 48 points. He had 47 standing on the 18th tee and threw in a triple for a single point.

Hes a mate of a guy playing with us today. Apparently hits it a mile. Gives up when he throws in a few bad holes so only really has good and poor rounds. The kinda guy the new system probably doesnt grasp. Scores 81 or 101.
I have played with this lad though.
He’s a good player ,god knows how he got 27 cap.
This sort of thing is causing a lack of trust in the system.
Going on the comments yesterday.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
36 hole comp. Plenty of nutrition, compression boxer shorts, change of socks and clothes between rounds, anti chafing cream gallons of fluid and a total of 40000 steps today with an added two dog walks.

It’s an early night tonight.

Back up back up, compression boxer shorts?! What’s the thinking there? Must admit I’d never even heard of them til your post ??

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Back up back up, compression boxer shorts?! What’s the thinking there? Must admit I’d never even heard of them til your post ??

I’m a hairy man and hairs, warmth, and sweat aren’t a great combination for my skin. I only weigh 72kg but what fat I do have gravity has sucked it to my nether regions!
But yes it’s to stop the rubbing on humid days.