I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

RoninPanda

Visit site
Had my own Sergio Garcia moment. Thought I could hit over/through a tree, hit the tree then rolled 10 yards behind me.

Handed in my membership form before the round so I feel the course was giving me a nice welcome!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Swift 18 before work...
Hit the ball well, didn't keep score but would have been mid to late 70s or thereabouts..
Still didn't play the par 3s well enough..2 over today..
Last 2 cards have been over handicap but I've been cut both times:ROFLMAO:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors match at Brampton Heath, me and my partner won our match 4 & 3 but the team lost 5-3.

I played some of my best golf for a long time, think I'd have scored 43 points Stableford, here's hoping it carries over to the comp at the weekend.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Played Poult Wood this afternoon. It started damp. It got wet. Very wet. Swam round for 36 points. My water resistant bag is definitely only that!

But probably my last round for a month before I start radiotherapy tomorrow so was always gonna go out today and enjoy it. Just hope it's drier next time I get out!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
We played Eyemouth. Cracking day. Shot 85 due to poor putting. Should have parred the sixth. What a amazing hole. Made it over chipped close and missed a tiddler of a putt. Monster 13th. 607 yards into a two club wind. We both played it off whites, what the hell. I parred it with a delicate chip off the back of the green got it close and made the putt, for once. The wife made a 7. 185 yard drive!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mixed Foursomes knockout match , receiving 3 shots , 3 down after 5 but then shot hole and won it and next then the 9th to be all square. Lost 10 but won 11 with a birdie and also 12. Won 12 to be 2 up but lost 16 and 17 to be all square. Looked like I'd pulled my tee shot out of bounds but hit a tree and ricocheted back on to the fairway, 5 was good enoiugh to win hole and the match and through to Semis :D

The Dog.

Visit site
Played at The Berkshire today on the red course. Had a belter of a hangover so struggled to do anything well apart from drive the ball. Ended up with 35 points and 3rd place but was a bad player all day. Love that course and club - not far off as good as it gets. Shame I could not do it justice but am not bothered really. Have shot 67 there before which is 5 under and already have my name on the trophy. Great day out though with a super dinner.

RichA

Visit site
Played at The Berkshire today on the red course. Had a belter of a hangover so struggled to do anything well apart from drive the ball. Ended up with 35 points and 3rd place but was a bad player all day. Love that course and club - not far off as good as it gets. Shame I could not do it justice but am not bothered really. Have shot 67 there before which is 5 under and already have my name on the trophy. Great day out though with a super dinner.
How appropriate, me old china.

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played in the weekday stableford this morning. We have one every week from April to September. Three over par and 37 points. Three birdies and six bogeys. Differential 1.9.
Big news is that I will have an HI of 2.8 (pending no PCC) giving me a playing handicap of 3 at my course. Not had to play off 3 for over 15 years and it was the lowest I ever got to.
Don't know how or what to feel about this - strange.
Pleased with my round today though.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in the weekday stableford this morning. We have one every week from April to September. Three over par and 37 points. Three birdies and six bogeys. Differential 1.9.
Big news is that I will have an HI of 2.8 (pending no PCC) giving me a playing handicap of 3 at my course. Not had to play off 3 for over 15 years and it was the lowest I ever got to.
Don't know how or what to feel about this - strange.
Pleased with my round today though.

Where's your home course mate?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A social knock with CVG and an old mate.....
Staggeringly average front 9, a blob on the 6th where I hit most of the trees at least once....
Some decent play for 7 over 15 points.
On to the back and I was 1 over gross for the 9 standing on the 18th.
2nd birdie of the day for a level par back 9 and 38 points.
There were times, on that back 9, when golf just felt easy....it's going to bite me back soon....

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Friendly four-ball today. I played like an absolute bellend. No feel for my chipping or putting, driving was all over the place and my iron play was as shonky as hell. I'm really surprised I finished with the same ball. I can't even blame the sausage and onion toasted sandwich before the game..... that was lush.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Friendly four-ball today. I played like an absolute bellend. No feel for my chipping or putting, driving was all over the place and my iron play was as shonky as hell. I'm really surprised I finished with the same ball. I can't even blame the sausage and onion toasted sandwich before the game..... that was lush.

A typical round then

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out in the stableford tonight - shocking putting, line was decent but everything was five feet short or five feet long and driving (no idea where it was going) - back nine I started hitting the old Taylor Made mini driver off the tee which at least got me in play - incredibly I wasn't in last place :eek:

Was oppressively clammy weather when we set off, but a breeze got up on way back and we had a welcome light shower for a couple of holes.