I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 3432

A month ago I got 43 points, but had decided beforehand not to put one in. Easier to play without the pressure, I guess.

Felt the pressure up the last!

Not so much being under par as had enough of them over the years but mainly because I have never had a bogey free round before.

Really wanted to finish the round off and have struggled hitting the fairway up 18 this year so was fairly nervous on the tee. Just smashed the 2 iron up the centre ?

To be honest card in hand or not I try and play with the same mindset and play exactly as I would in a comp. Know your strengths and weaknesses and play to within them. Pointless playing a low percentage shot as it always ends badly.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Came 8th place in the club championship today with 78 + 74. Putting let me down in the morning - 34 of 'em. Then 30 putts in the afternoon giving me 4th place in the afternoon round.
Played with the winner who shot 69 + 70.
Top 8 go into the scratch knockout so 8th place means I play the club champion in the first round. Oh dear!
The two scores disappearing from my 20 were not in my best 8 and the 74 gives me a 0.2 cut to 2.3.

Now all I need is to find a course with SR 122 or lower and I can play off 2 for the first time in my life.
This feels very strange to me, because last November I went from 5.6 in old money to 4.3 WHS overnight. Just don't feel that I am a better player all of a sudden.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3432

Came 8th place in the club championship today with 78 + 74. Putting let me down in the morning - 34 of 'em. Then 31 putts in the afternoon giving me 4th place in the afternoon round.
Played with the winner who shot 69 + 70.
Top 8 go into the scratch knockout so 8th place means I play the club champion in the first round. Oh dear!
The two scores disappearing from my 20 were not in my best 8 and the 74 gives me a 0.2 cut to 2.3.

Now all I need is to find a course with SR 122 or lower and I can play off 2 for the first time in my life.
This feels very strange to me, because last November I went from 5.6 in old money to 4.3 WHS overnight. Just don't feel that I am a better player all of a sudden.

WHS says you are so you must be ;)

Boomy

Visit site
Played in a pairs open today up at Leven Links, played so-so ? Course so-so… really disappointed that they didn’t have any strokesaver/yardage books ? meant I ended up out of position or in a bunker I couldn’t see a few times. Wouldn’t rush back tbh although the food in the Leven Thistle clubhouse was fantastic (and great value) Do like the look of Lundin Links next door mind, nicer looking track!

A few ? from today

59B279AB-0CEF-40D3-8072-E52227B0A0FA.jpeg

55D8F1A4-F154-4B52-92FD-303A22971A7A.jpeg

6771DE54-457D-4D3D-BEF7-013422697EC0.jpeg
Highland Burger - wasn’t expecting all of that to come out and my first burger with haggis in ?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Played in a pairs open today up at Leven Links, played so-so ? Course so-so… really disappointed that they didn’t have any strokesaver/yardage books ? meant I ended up out of position or in a bunker I couldn’t see a few times. Wouldn’t rush back tbh although the food in the Leven Thistle clubhouse was fantastic (and great value) Do like the look of Lundin Links next door mind, nicer looking track!

A few ? from today

View attachment 37517

View attachment 37518

View attachment 37520
Highland Burger - wasn’t expecting all of that to come out and my first burger with haggis in ?
I like Leven :(

Boomy

Visit site
I like Leven :(

I didn’t dislike it… just I’d not rush back. The greens were very good, the fairways (in my humble opinion) weren’t the best, and some very uneven tee boxes. Lots of courses to choose from up there though, lots I’ve not played.

Boomy

Visit site
Ist ever bogey free round this morning, a 6 under 66.

Level out and 6 under back, a shock after ploughing it round on Wednesday ?

Unfortunately decided beforehand we weren't bothering to put a card in ??

The course is playing fantastic at the moment isn’t it. Cracking round that, well done - that score would have won last week ?

D

Deleted member 3432

The course is playing fantastic at the moment isn’t it. Cracking round that, well done - that score would have won last week ?

Cheers.

Would still have come up one short last week :eek::D

That is the absolute best I can play, no shots left out there at all. Only took me 40 plus years of playing to get there :ROFLMAO:

Course is tremendous at the moment, rain this week week has taken a bit of the sting out of it but still very firm. Rough is juicy now, so more than the heather to worry about, got to hit the fairway or you can forget hitting the green.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a brilliant round today. We moved our tee time from 10:30 to 13:00 as it looked like rain, that proved to be a decent decision as we missed most of it - just some drizzle for the first five holes. Just me and my mate who's off 29 at the moment. We decided to do a bit of match play, so me giving him 14 shots. We both played really well, but somehow I managed to lose both the no-shot holes on the front nine, both par 3s which he parred and I bogeyed, so I never had a chance after that. Long story short, he ended up winning 4 & 2, but after parring the last two I had scored 81 for 39 points, to his 97 for 36. He had gone 4 up by the turn after smashing the front nine 3 under his handicap, and he was tidy enough on the next 7 holes that I couldn't claw it back in time.

A superbly enjoyable round since we both played so well, eight pars and only two doubles for me and only one three putt which is probably a record since I joined here. Pretty certain 81 is my best score here as well. My mate has shown some real consistency lately too and broken 100 the last four times in a row, so I really hope he can do it next time he's putting a card and finally get his handicap down a bit.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had a foursomes tie on Friday night at the Kings. Again giving away 14 shots to a father and son. My partner has managed to get himself down to scratch since our last game and with me at 2.7 we have both halved our handicaps. Though my partner hates having to give shots away we were always in front and were soon 3 up after 3. Our oppo tried to match us shot for shot rather than make use of the shots they were getting on all but the 4 par three's. If they had done that they would have faired far better. We won quite comfortably 9/8.
Then had a black tee comp at nairn first thing sat. Hit it OK, but missed a couple of fairways and with the rough now pretty long, also putted Poorly and just was always leaving myself short with my first and nasty 6 footers ever time. 83 gross which was disappointing. Playedca lot of comps this year so far and with that now have a big chunk of good scores due to drop of 17,18 and 19 for my next 3 score, so with any luck I can get a shot or 2 back. I'm just not consistent enough off 3

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Level par on 16th tee bogey.
17th bogey with wedge middle of fairway missed the green right.
18 treble bogey with wedge from fairway missed right. Bunker hit the lining and shot over the green almost oob.
Three putt.
Don’t know what happened I hadn’t missed a shot all day.
I really hate golf sometimes.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

A few ? from today

View attachment 37517

View attachment 37518

View attachment 37520
I've played both a few times and prefer Leven layout wise. I think Lundin is a richer club etc, but the few holes up the hill are very parkland. Given the choice I would play Leven every time.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hopeless putting today..truly horrific
Normally go round between 30 and 32 per round, maybe the odd bad one of 35....or a good one of 27.
40 putts today - just couldn't get the speed right, the line right...
Worst day on the greens I can remember.
Tee to green was fine.....

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lumbered with a fella way out of his depth in scratch matchplay Saturday, managed to take them to the 17th but no further.

Back with my usual (3h/c) partner today in handicap knockout, giving a fair few shots but when we shook hands on 15 with a 4&3 win we were -5 gross. I lipped out for eagle and made 4 birdies. We completely dominated them, that was proper.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Saturday : last 16 of club pairs knockout. One down with two to play! Partner makes sandy par on SI6 par 3 17 to level the match. He then tees off on 18 and goes OB! I hit a good drive leaving just 80 yards to the pin. Partners hit good drives too and both hit the green, I'm last to shoot to the green and put mine about 9 feet away. No shots on this final hole. Both their long putts miss by inches, but thankfully mine finds the bottom of the cup for birdie and the win - in to the 1/4rs now!

Sunday : First time playing a Par Bogey comp. Good fun, play some good stuff shooting 75 with a triple and double on the card, back to back birdies on 13 and 14 and par on the 17th (shot hole) mean I need par to finish for a +2 score, good enough for 4th out of 57!
Handicap now down to 4.7!

Visit site
I've played both a few times and prefer Leven layout wise. I think Lundin is a richer club etc, but the few holes up the hill are very parkland. Given the choice I would play Leven every time.

Always preferred Lundin Links to Leven. Last time at Leven the feeling in our group was that we weren't treated very well. I would however agree that the upper holes at Lundin have a Parkland feel. We will be there again in September.