I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having pulled out of NZ and Woking, me and my PP decided book somewhere else. I liked the look of Lindrick and was interested in its history as a former Ryder Cup venue. Twilight fee after 4pm was £50 so booked that time. Some research on the net suggested that The Hallamshire was the other top course in South Yorkshire. I looked to book that one for today only to find that there was a Seniors pairs open on. Must be fully booked I thought only to find that there was one time slot left in the middle of the day, so it was clearly meant to be and the two days sorted.
Lindrick - turned up to find only around ten cars in the car park. Checked in with the pro how told us to tee off when we were ready and off we went. We were playing the 9th before we even saw another golfer on the course. We were expecting showers and it was the 10th hole before they arrived. Only it wasn't showers, but persistent rain that got fairly heavy around the 15th and the last four holes had standing water on the greens. The course itself was in excellent condition with the greens having subtle borrows that could unxpectedly have your ball meandering some way from the hole. The fairways were fairly generous in palces, but once off of them you were quickly in deep grass/gorse. My play was fairly inconsistent until I found some good form for a few holes in the middle of the back nine. Basically late afternoon millionaire's golf on a great course.

The Hallamshire - obviously much busier as a competion. The other pair in our group consisted of a member and a friend of his (with low handicaps compared to ours) and were very encouraging and great company. I played the best I have for some time, especially on the front nine. Our total of 31 points was never going to be competative, but thoroughly enjoyed the day. The course itself starts off with long par four, long par three and long par four and is a chellenging start to the round. From holes 6 to 11 there are some severe elevation changes and hole 8 in particular has a very daunting drive across a small ravine on to a steep uphill fairway. I was gasping for air pushing my trolley up that hill having at least hit my drive straight up the middle. A different test from Lindrick, but again a great course in great condition well worth a vist.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played at Cuddington today after a kind invitation from Mr Chelsea BiM. Dave (Papas) and dad Nick also played . Course in superb condition, greens excellent. Nice lunch before heading out. Weather lovely. Didnt play great but the short game and some clutch putts helped Dave and I to a win. Very enjoyable day. Thanks again Rich.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lost to Duffy again (think this means he gets to take me home now! ?)

Cruden Bay tho, it’s not a bad life sometimes. Round 2 of 4 tomoro

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Won a k/o match this evening. Was 5 up at the turn (due in large part to being 1 over gross) but then started to chuck it away immediately losing 3 in a row. Held it together for a few but went to only 2 up when I lost 15 after three putting from 6 ft with two lip outs - the second being a full 360 job with ball coming back to me.

But opponent lost his ball on 16 for a 3 and 2 win.

Makes a change as my matchplay form this year has been poor.

That's actually 180º. :whistle:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played at Cuddington today after a kind invitation from Mr Chelsea BiM. Dave (Papas) and dad Nick also played . Course in superb condition, greens excellent. Nice lunch before heading out. Weather lovely. Didnt play great but the short game and some clutch putts helped Dave and I to a win. Very enjoyable day. Thanks again Rich.

Which did you prefer?
Cuddington or W Surrey?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Thought I'd better put in a decent card for a change....
+3 for 19 points going out, level par for 22 points coming back....
74 blows, 41 points and my best ever round at Ellesborough
And the good thing..?
Handicap only comes down 0.2:ROFLMAO:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in a mixed greensomes knockout yesterday, we were giving 23 shots, the guy who has an index of 27, just kept bobbing the ball 100 to 150 yds dead straight didnt hit a poor shot, they had a massive piece of luck when the lady hit her ball into a wide gully the ball must have hit a rock in the stream at the bottom as it bounced high in to air and landed safely, we werent at our best and consequently lost 3&2. I was expecting them to hit a few duff shots but on the odd time they did they got away with it. Never mind.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played the midweek stableford tonight. A real round of two halves for me. 13 points going out with me really struggling to hit any pars - got a birdie though out of nowhere (par 5 that I ended up playing up the wrong fairway my drive was sliced so hard). 2 blobs in that lot as well.

20 points coming in with 5 pars and only one double (for a point).

Golf Eh!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in an open at West Lothian today with my regular Saturday pp. Fabulous day, brilliant. It's a really enjoyable course, lots of interesting holes and the greens were superb. True and as fast as anything I've played this year, possibly ever.

36 points, very happy. Played really well on a number of holes, okay on others, mucked up 2 or 3. Hey, life as a h/hcapper ?‍♂️.

We will definitely be back for next year. Highly recommend this course/club to anyone who is looking for a trip to the area.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Late out of work today and missed my tee time. Had to join the lads on the 3rd tee.
Wind was blowing a hooley off the back sticks. Great challenge. Played alot of great golf.
Big long putt on 18 for bird to finish.
Lovely evening.

Boomy

Visit site
Played the Wednesday Stableford at Silloth ⛳️ tonight. Stuck with the minimalist half set, really makes you think your way round more. Played so-so but what’s not to love out on the sunny links ?

F0196812-41DB-43AE-91A3-73EDA5E295FA.jpeg

The 9th tee, par 3 into a stiff ? breeze. Gap wedge last time I played… an 8 iron tonight ?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Windier here tonight but still nice to be out on the Ashludie - had loads of birdie opportunities but failed to take any of them - driver has gone (very) inconsistent again but irons are very good by my standards.

Weather here has been spectacular this week and it looks like it will continue till Sunday - that wind tonight made playing tricky at times but was a blessing to cool us down a bit.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in a medal today, I played well for the most part, but finished with a gross 85 so many wasted shots, twice I decided to putt from off the green and took 4 to get down, I still stood on the par 3 18th tee needing a par for a 81, and had a mare, hit a tree, duffed 2 chips and walked off with a 7, that however will be reduced to a 5 after a stableford adjustment and means I will I have my lowest index so far of 9.5.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just a bit of a mess tbh.

Lost a ball in long rough with my second shot of the day - over a rise and oot o‘ sicht with no one spotting. Not a good start.

Then on 4th another disappears in an area of white fluffy poplar seeds - I shouldn’t have gone there but wasn’t that far off line…shoulda used a yellow ball as I knew what was likely if I went there…but I didn’t.

Back nine was a bit better - though the two lucy lockets and their consequences did rather mess up the back nine score. Overall a round that isn’t going to trouble my HI.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Individual matchplay, 4 down at the turn but got it back to level, then went 2 down with 3 to play... and got it back level.

Won the playoff hole. Some match, wrecked!