I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was going along very nicely after 11 holes, on 25 points. Everything working well. Then, out of nowhere, shanked my 2nd on the 12th. 13th, I do the exact same thing. Totally did my head in. Hacked and scrambled my way home. 7 points over the last 7 holes. Came off totally deflated.

First sign of a shank in over 2 months. Just hope it's not a portent.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Was going along very nicely after 11 holes, on 25 points. Everything working well. Then, out of nowhere, shanked my 2nd on the 12th. 13th, I do the exact same thing. Totally did my head in. Hacked and scrambled my way home. 7 points over the last 7 holes. Came off totally deflated.

First sign of a shank in over 2 months. Just hope it's not a portent.
My understanding, commiserations and thoughts are with you. I had two today - despite my ‘foolproof’ way of avoiding them. As soon as I have to play anything that is not a standard shot or swing the prob of me doing one shoots sky-high - as was the case with both today. Note to self…at the moment try nothing clever, just hit the ball simply.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My understanding, commiserations and thoughts are with you. I had two today - despite my ‘foolproof’ way of avoiding them. As soon as I have to play anything that is not a standard shot or swing the prob of me doing one shoots sky-high - as was the case with both today. Note to self…at the moment try nothing clever, just hit the ball simply.

It's a funny old game alright.

Yesterday had been preying on my mind, so decided to get there early this morning and have half an hour on the practice ground before our 9 hole comp. I normally just turn up, have a couple of swings and off we go.

Was absolutely dreadful on the practice ground, hardly hit a decent shot. Went to the pro shop and paid my comp fees with a sense of foreboding. Confidence totally rock bottom.

Hooked my tee shot on the first into the trees, had to hack it out, couple of rubbish shots later, miss a 6 footer for a point. Second hole starts no better, hook my iron into the trees. Get lucky as it comes out the other side, hit a great wedge shot and hole the putt for a par. All of a sudden, everything clicks, and start playing well. End result, 21 points for 9 holes (knocked down to 20 by 95% rule), leading the comp when I left the clubhouse!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Game with the boys today, in fantastic weather, a 3 club westerly, it was good to have it back after months of easterlies. Course is so much more playable with this wind. Course playing firm and fast and the greens lovely to putt on. Scored pretty well, especially good with the driver, one over front 9, one under the back. 18th was a drive and a 8 iron and that was through the back, but chipped stone dead for the bird. Was due to play in the medal tomorrow, but going to have a rest after playing everyday this week;)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played with another vintage club collector today, both using 1.62" balls, me a Wilson LD and he a Slazenger B51.

I've been playing well for me recently but for some reason it really clicked today, we didn't finish the back nine as my PP had to get away so we stopped after 15.

I'd not been keeping tabs on my score but adding it up after I was already on 41 points after 15 holes.
4 over par on the front 9 and 1 over par for the first 6 holes of the back 9.

Hope I can keep the form in the comp tomorrow.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played with another vintage club collector today, both using 1.62" balls, me a Wilson LD and he a Slazenger B51.

I've been playing well for me recently but for some reason it really clicked today, we didn't finish the back nine as my PP had to get away so we stopped after 15.

I'd not been keeping tabs on my score but adding it up after I was already on 41 points after 15 holes.
4 over par on the front 9 and 1 over par for the first 6 holes of the back 9.

Hope I can keep the form in the comp tomorrow.
Just maybe there's a bit of magic in these old sticks......(y)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Extremely average round in blistering heat and an occasional strong breeze.
Didn't play particularly badly, just couldn't score...
Index probably up 0.3 again - yo-yoing between 6 and 7 constantly at the moment
Can I get to 7 and an extra shot before Captain's Weekend.?.:unsure:;):whistle:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Extremely average round in blistering heat and an occasional strong breeze.
Didn't play particularly badly, just couldn't score...
Index probably up 0.3 again - yo-yoing between 6 and 7 constantly at the moment
Can I get to 7 and an extra shot before Captain's Weekend.?.:unsure:;):whistle:

Did “Johnny 2 shots” play?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
My club was hosting a regional comp today so played my most local course for the first time.

Quite impressed! Greens were immaculate and the bunkers were fantastic compared to ours. Soft enough to really get under the ball but firm enough that you didn't dig in. Apparently Royal Lytham greenkeeper joined a couple of years back and turned around the course in a matter of a season.

I played alright, hit and miss off the tee but pretty solid everywhere else. Meant I managed to play to handicap which, considering I was on my own and playing a new course blind, I was more than happy with.

Could have been even better but for a 3 off the tee on the final hole where the ball just miraculously disappeared.

D

Deleted member 15344

A glorious afternoon playing Hankley Common - we played with the chairman of the club and he was superb company , so proud of his course and the planned changes they are doing to make the course more playable in some areas

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Keeping up my good run today an am AmAm at Whitefield, 8 pars in first 12 holes, spoilt by a couple of 3 putt double bogies, could keep it up for the last 6 holes where another couple of 3 putts cost me, but gross 82 wasn't too bad

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Another decent(ish round) with 34 points at Enville (Highgate) today courtesy of @Bigfoot

Absolutely lovely course and some of the best greens I’ve ever putted on. Didn’t like the bunkers though, although that may be down to my lack of talent getting out of them!

Need a few more decent rounds thought or I’ll be getting more than a shot a hole on some courses……:eek: