I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 15344

Presidents Comp today

Scrappy round - was 1 under with 3 to play and dropped two shots ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A tad toasty out there but happy with 38 points. Silly shots dropped on 3 or 4 holes so I know there is more to come. Hitting my 7 wood and 3 wood really well off the fairway at the moment, it makes a huge difference to my scoring. Also tweaked my putting mid round with succesful results so that was a good lesson.

Ladies club championship today so some of the pins were nicely tucked away. I don't envy those playing 36 holes in that, way too warm.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Betterball srokeplay medal board comp. Partner with 9 shots me with 3.
Level par gross and 6-under nett.
Ten scores still to come in and we are lying 6th place nett.
In with a shout for the gross prize - fingers crossed.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It was only by chance I was in the same Group as Papas1982. He played extremely well, very straight from the tee, putted like a pro and held it together . Well played young man

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So yesterday me and the wife and our youngest grandson (10), played at me old place Westwood. The course was in superb condition and the greens were brilliant, although did not seem as fast as we were told, 11.5 stimp. Made a shocking mess of the 12th, with a 14. Other than that played well. Our grandson had golf shoes and correct attire and was allowed to putt on the greens with us for no fee. Would your place allow this? PS They seen to have sorted the drainage out. This was the sixth game there after leaving and no sign of the two major lakes reappearing on the course. Also some of the golfers who left when I did have returned.

D

Deleted member 3432

Glad I didn't play in the comp yesterday, nett 61, 62 and 63 filled the 1st 3 places.

May as well save myself a fiver every week and just put a card in for handicap as its impossible to beat those scores ????

All 3 players have a long playing history including the 62 who was getting 5 more shots that he was not long ago ?

BobbyP

Visit site
Played Hampton Court Palace GC for the first time today. For anyone considering it, be aware unless you are a single handicapper you'll probably spend a fair bit of time searching in deep rough / heather for your ball! One of those courses that for a good player should be easy enough to break nett par, but for average golfers the thick rough right by the fairway makes it very challenging (lost balls and/or impossible shots). Playing stableford, none of us managed 30 points (HCs of 18 / 18 / 20 / 26).

Oh and it was too ****** hot to be playing 18 holes today!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad I didn't play in the comp yesterday, nett 61, 62 and 63 filled the 1st 3 places.

May as well save myself a fiver every week and just put a card in for handicap as its impossible to beat those scores ????

All 3 players have a long playing history including the 62 who was getting 5 more shots that he was not long ago ?
Yes had a decent knock yesterday 37 pts but just 8 points behind the winner off 20.
I wilted in the heat on the back nine.
I have noticed recently lots of gaps on the comp sheet.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Had a knock around Stand GC with my Manchester based pals. Was looking at the scorecard beforehand and thinking I was going to score really well as it was a short course... then i got there and remembered the topography of the area. It was a hilly slog in this heat and there were white stakes everywhere!

After telling myself I wasn't going to use my driver, and feeling vindicated after the par 5 second where I hooked one into the maintenance sheds, it became my best club by miles - long and straight.

Ended up with 13 points at the turn (a lot of three off the tees with normally reliable clubs) and then 20 points on the return leg for a respectable 33pts.

Should have been 36 but decided to try and drive the green on the narrow 18th and stuck miles left and oob. Twice. Parred my third ball though! (A recurring theme for the round).

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not going to be moaning about the heat today - it was lovely and course was in superb condition. But boy I found chipping and putting in the heat really difficult - couldnt keep focus with sun beating down on my back, and it was slow; so slow that loads of NRs and withdrawals/walk-ins. Rubbish score but new clubs all performed pretty well so that‘s good and given my short game mess ups all in all not too much to complain about.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a knock around Stand GC with my Manchester based pals. Was looking at the scorecard beforehand and thinking I was going to score really well as it was a short course... then i got there and remembered the topography of the area. It was a hilly slog in this heat and there were white stakes everywhere!

After telling myself I wasn't going to use my driver, and feeling vindicated after the par 5 second where I hooked one into the maintenance sheds, it became my best club by miles - long and straight.

Ended up with 13 points at the turn (a lot of three off the tees with normally reliable clubs) and then 20 points on the return leg for a respectable 33pts.

Should have been 36 but decided to try and drive the green on the narrow 18th and stuck miles left and oob. Twice.
Nice track Stand.
I am playing Whitefield just down the road from there tomorrow that’s a fabulous course.
Not been for a while looking forward to it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Not going to be moaning about the heat today - it was lovely and course was in superb condition. But boy I found chipping and putting in the heat really difficult - couldnt keep focus with sun beating down on my back, and it was slow; so slow that loads of NRs and withdrawals/walk-ins. Rubbish score but new clubs all performed pretty well so that‘s good and given my short game mess ups all in all not too much to complain about.

Same at my place. The greens were massively quicker than anytime this year and tomorrow they start summer course maintenance???? I did manage to find the driver swing today which had deserted me for a long while