I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just back from Newport... Played in shirtsleeves, car said 15 degrees when I got back to it. Two months since I played there due to travel restrictions and Welsh Lockdowns.... nice to be back. Played ok too for the first game anywhere in 3 weeks...
Look, we don't care ok...!!!

:ROFLMAO:Is it good to be back?

D

Deleted member 3432

Game at Nairn this morning, chilly start but warmed up to what is now a great day. played absolute......tripe wasn't helped that i got drawn with two new guys who didn't attempt to repair a single pitch mark or even try to smooth over any of the bunkers if they had been in them, my other PP had a go at both of them, not that they took any notice
View attachment 33465View attachment 33466
Looks like a parkland with all the trees on the right of the top picture...:eek:

AliMc

Visit site
Bounce game at North Berwick today - playing very nicely, just a few over par, when the fog horn stopped play on the 15th tee:mad:.

We played at Dunbar, a bit overcast when we teed off at 9:15 but beautiful sunshine ? at about 12:30 when we finished, friendly competitive 4 ball, 3 down with 5 to play, birdied
4 of last 5 to win 1 up, another 4 ball tomorrow, great being retired !

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Has a game at Niarn this morning with2 mates at 8.45, so couldn't play our usual 4 ball as the no 4 balls before 9 had started up again. round in under 3 hours, hit it pretty well after yesterdays poor round, but couldn't sink a putt for love nore money. not bad temp wise over 12 deg with only a gentle southerly. great fun Dave seeing i was hitting two clubs less than him today on a few holes.... luckily he doesn't know what the lofts:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Slow Dave had arranged a game at Moray Old Tomorrow, but could do with a rest,so going to have a few days off

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played Newport this morning .and we even got a gap in the rain. Whole round dry except for about 10 mins on 15th hole. Just nice to be playing.

Enjoy it. I don't begrudge you or anyone else that can get out (well I do but not going to change anything). Glad we're not playing as the weather here has been horrendous all day and not sure what condition the course would be in and we'd have got soaked

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
After horrible weather being forecast, I managed to get out today and the rain only started when I was putting my gear back in the car. Course was very wet so I'll be back to my metal winter spikes next week providing the NWS (Nippy Wee Sweetie) doesn't lock us down.
Also I won't be taking my trolley on again. They were allowed but in all honestly they shouldn't have been. Carry bag for me now unless theweather dries up a lot.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Managed 10 holes today before the water overpowered the greens drainage. Was dry and dull when we started but by the 4th it was pissing down, proper sheet of water stuff. We pressed on hoping it was just a heavy shower.
I was 2 over through the 10 as well and playing well despite having to hold the grip like I was strangling a rattlesnake.

Eden course at Stan Drews next week so the weather better bloody cheer up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Winter sweep today, frustrating 77 (+4) for me.

I'm swinging it really well, hitting some cracking shots, but so many stupid bogeys....

6 bogeys in the round; 1 by missing a 3 foot putt, 4 mental errors playing the wrong shot from good positions (3 of those inside 100 yards) and 1 that, yeah, a par 5 I hit 3 bad shots on - you don't par those!

Great to get out though, stayed dry and warm for the time of year.

Don't be too hard on yourself. It's winter golf and conditions less forgiving with bumpier greens. I wouldn't call that a disaster,

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Game at Nairn this morning as the forcast is pretty ropey from Tomorrow.
3 or 4 club wind going out but a lovely bright sunny morning. a big turn out, played pretty well, hit some good drives , but still had 3 wood for my 2nd on 1,2 and 3.
it was great coming home down wind, hitting wedges for 2nd shots apart from par 5 10th and 18th.

loving my new irons

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had a few holes up the kings this afternoon, not played there for few months.

course looked in a sorry state TBH, lots playing it this year, fairways covered in divots and greens the same with pitch marks, didn't bother putting.
place really looks like it could do with some TLC

D

Deleted member 21258

Cracking day for golf, course unusually quiet, it was like millionaires golf, no one around, don't understand why;)

Oh sorry just a dream, just a dream:LOL:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
after yesterday lesson and hitting it so well around the kings course yesterday, had high hopes!!!

i shouldn't have bothered, was crap, really lacked umpff in my drives

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
after yesterday lesson and hitting it so well around the kings course yesterday, had high hopes!!!

i shouldn't have bothered, was crap, really lacked umpff in my drives

I know the feeling but I also think with lessons it needs a range session or two to bed in. I've tried going straight out to play and it can be decent or absolute garbage so rather than run that roulette I prefer not to bother until it feels right

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
chalk an cheese today, played this morning in a strong wind, hit it great. 3 birdies , two bogies, rest pars, best i've hit it with the new irons thats for sure. highlight was getting on the 10th and 18th in two. usually lay up short of the bunkers, but with the wind today took them on, had 7 iron for my 2nd at 10 and 6 on 18, even flew the bunker on 12. greens a bit ropey though, difficult to roll in puts.