I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 25172

Out for a walk around Whitewebbs public golf course in Enfield and there’s loads of people out playing on the course.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting interaction yesterday.

Police came to talk to me and a friend were hitting wedges at an open space in my hockey club grounds. Initially I was worried, but they just asked how we got in the locked gate and what we was doing (clubhouse still has been stuff in it obviously). 2 minutes later they were happy, and said how silly it is golf courses are shut.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got the net out and hit balls into it for an hour. Nice to fell ball on club and swing felt reasonably tidy (as much as it can hitting into a net and not seeing the flight). Hit some pitches and chips as well. That may be the focus area judging by the results with that

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, that was an interesting day. The Eden was in lovely condition as always. If I didn't have bad luck today I wouldn't have any. Several good shots punsihed with poor bounces in to bunkers (always ending up right against the face).
But it was still a lovely day and good to be out despite the terrible golf played.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our second match in the local inter club league today. Team won 6-0 and I won by a dog licence. It wasn't all down to my good play, my opponent was having a mare off the tee and kept pushing his tee shots well wide. I won 3 holes by only playing my tee shot.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
our usual roll up was much later today so we could get enough times for the amount turning up, a nice morning here again, but windy.
nice game, hit it well again esp off the tee, hit a couple of drives close to one of my mates who's off +3 who i'm usually way behind.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Blairgowrie today was just beautiful. My first game in about three weeks because of bad weather, but it was absolutely gorgeous. I love Scotland in the autumn.

7qUn7bK.jpg

D

Deleted member 3432

Appears our greens staff have been working hard during lockdown.

Pro has walked the course and posted some pics of some superb revetting work on all 7 bunkers around the 9th green and the right hand green side bunker on 16 which is the deepest on the course.

All to be avoided as a cricket score is a strong possibility but they do look impressive.

Looking forward to 9.30 Wednesday..

D

Deleted member 3432

Fantastic day for golf today, nice sunshine and hardly a breath of wind.

Seven birdies for me and ended up with 42 points. Me in the forties is the rarest of days so I'm quite pleased even though the course is playing fairly easy at the moment. Wondering if that will be good enough to get some sweep money back.... but I'm not getting my hopes up! :ROFLMAO:

Interestingly I had a pretty bad day with the driver (usually a strength) and even had to chip out from trees twice but managed to save par both times.

Seven birdies is top quality golf even if its playing easy(y)

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Absolutely stunning day for golf today - clear blue skies, a warming sun and no wind. Not an excuse to be found anywhere. Played nicely tee to green but couldn't putt for toffee, multiple lip outs, some putts too short, some putts too long - hey ho, one of them days :rolleyes: .

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Beautiful day gone to waste here in northern Ireland. Frost first thing then sun and no wind.

Would have been ideal for a trip in donegal to play the local links.

2 week lock down started yesterday
:cry:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Beautiful day gone to waste here in northern Ireland. Frost first thing then sun and no wind.

Would have been ideal for a trip in donegal to play the local links.

2 week lock down started yesterday
:cry:

Not good news. I've mixed feelings about coming out of lockdown and playing next weekend (subject to getting a time of course). Not sure how wet and muddy the course will be and forecast is to be bitterly cold. No doubt the golfing bug will win out

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Kings course today, 2 over after 6, a miracle I know, then I crumbled for 6 holes and then played steady golf again, even a tap in par on the 18th after a fine 50 yard pitch.
First game in a couple of months so happy enough, I’ve got to accept that I have a family and job and time is not a luxury for golf, as much as I would love it to be, I’ll get there in time though....
Got to say the greens are the worst I’ve ever played on though, even the amount of pitch marks was poor, it takes 2 seconds to fix one.