I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
St Andrews Eden today, playing with our new handicaps and it turned out to be a great, close game. Very disappointed with the quality of the greens though, probably the bumpiest, slowest links greens I've played this year.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last round in yesterday. Shot a lovely 71 (+2) around Newbury & Crookham which feels like as good a round of any to end 2020's golf on! Wanted to put a card in, but their computer wasn't set up, and my golf club still hasn't gotten itself sorted either to see what my actual handicap is in the new system.

Still, a bit of confidence which I'm looking to bottle for the next few months until we can play again!

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
I was going to head out this lunchtime and spend a bit of time on the driving range and chipping green... but my daughter's nursery has just been shut due to Covid.
No golf aside from the putting mat until 2021 now :(

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played yesterday, last round before lockdown.

Course was still wet from a lot of recent rain so I played the graphite headed 1980s Mizuno "White Fang" 1, 3 & 5 woods together with 1970s Slazenger Ambassador irons 3 to SW plus matching putter.

Played better than some of the awful rounds I've played recently and hit enough good shots to keep me keen until December when hopefully we'll be back out playing.

1604487043131.png

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It's looking to be a lovely - though chilly - day - so if I can free myself from the nuisance that is work I might head to the club about 3:30pm for a quick whack round 9...

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another good round but backspin is robbing me of birdie shouts, I was getting 6+ feet at times.

my fault I guess for not going long but I am just not good enough to judge that well.

Wheels fell off at the end anyway but as that is probably the last round until xmas holidays I don’t mind.

Next year has the promise of being a belter golf wise.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I dont know whether to laugh or cry!

I played this morning, the last opportunity before lockdown, my first round officially under the WHS system,. Now, I had been having 2 lessons a month up to the first lockdown and did a couple of short game lessons with Paul Foston also, but my handicap was creeping up from 12 towards 14, given the difficulty in putting into practice the changes and the fact that the driver was behaving awful and 2 months of not playing or practicing.

So come the WHS I go to HI of 14.5 and play off 16 from yellows, and go and shoot 5 over gross!!

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Probably the last round today for a month or so.
Managed to grab a tee time this morning of 7.24 so was out whilst it was very frosty - that annoying frost that sticks to the bottom of your shoes when you walk making you feel an extra inch taller!

Back to back birdies on 9 and 10 were pleasing.

Managed a respectable 76 gross of our winter mats - a nice meal in the clubhouse afterwards with two of my playing partners.

Roll on Decemeber.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Though I was going to easily break 90 and have a chance of shooting 80. But had a shocker on the back 9 and shot 93 ?.

Lovely day out though

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Managed to sneak a morning off for a "last round before lockdown". Chilly start soon gave way to lovely autumnal weather - and mind set was very much enjoy the game, the walk, the colours, the views.
Rubbish phone camera doesn't do justice.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage-2.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage-3.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage-4.jpg

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Game at Royal Dornoch this morning with the new clubs.... couldn't get a better day for it either for November, a nice 2 club wind on the front 8 wasa nice gift.

did my usual and made a horlicks of the easiest hole on the course the first. but after that all good, 168 to the pin on the 2nd hit 8 for the front of the green landed pin hiigh and ened up at the back. good drive on 3rd hit a 9 that i didn't quite get, still middle of the green, 4th the same. 6th 140 to the flag, PW just on but span back off the green, New 7th a good drive again leaving me 170 hit 8 again through the back this time. back into the wind on 9 again a nice drive with 220 to the flag, didn't thing i could reach and wanted to try the 4 iron, whic i expected to get me 50 yards chip, came out low and rolled up onto the green. wind they dropped and it was plain sailing coming home easy par on foxy and even almost got home in 2 on the 18.

the new clubs were a revelation, long and straight i would say at least 2 clubs longer than the MP4s, true they do have stronger lofts, but Wow.

playing Spey valley Tomorrow so with do a revie on them after that

D

Deleted member 15344

Well last round before lockdown - played off the new Handicap Index - wanted to try a social card , app wasn’t working to allow me - went round 1 under ?‍♂️

TigerTime

Visit site
Round in 87. Didn't feel like I played well at all, but hey it's another round under 90 and I got my first birdie this year, and probably my last birdie if we go into lockdown again :D

Scoring consistently mid to high 80's now. Progress has been made.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played Spey Valley yesterday, stunning day, halfed match, with some good golf. tough to beat our oppo who were 2 and +2Spey1.jpgspey2.jpgspey3.jpgspey4.jpgspey5.jpg.
coure pretty good considering the time of year. greens as good as i've every played there. hit a couple of poor shots with the new irons for the first time. going to give them another go at Nairn this morning