I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Took a day off today and got a round in at Hazlemere. Nice course that I've only played once before, but extremely hilly it's fair to say, and the greens are a living nightmare. I played well, shot 86 for 36 points (17 out, 19 in) including a blob on the last par 5 - and five three-putts in total. Don't even think I putted horribly badly, the greens were just that tough. Driving was great again, just so confident with the driver now.

Weather was chilly but not too cold for most of it, and then on the 17th green we were absolutely annihilated by hailstones! Not ideal really. We still played the 18th though since we'd come so far and it's not overly long anyway. Can't remember ever getting peppered with hailstones on the golf course before. Don't care for it much. ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
after having to pass up a round at Muirfield yesterday, due to travel rest to the central belt, went for a game at dornoch instead as Nairn was shut for course Maintainence MTW.D1.jpgD2.jpgD3.jpgD4.jpg

not a bad day weather wise, played quite well and managed to play the par 3's in one under which is a real bonus. no wind untill we got to foxy. perfect autumn golfing day, course pretty quite too, only downside was almost getting hit on the 12th green while putting out, by a guy teeing off the 4th????

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Took a day off today and got a round in at Hazlemere. Nice course that I've only played once before, but extremely hilly it's fair to say, and the greens are a living nightmare. I played well, shot 86 for 36 points (17 out, 19 in) including a blob on the last par 5 - and five three-putts in total. Don't even think I putted horribly badly, the greens were just that tough. Driving was great again, just so confident with the driver now.

Weather was chilly but not too cold for most of it, and then on the 17th green we were absolutely annihilated by hailstones! Not ideal really. We still played the 18th though since we'd come so far and it's not overly long anyway. Can't remember ever getting peppered with hailstones on the golf course before. Don't care for it much. ?

The term Cardiac Hill is often banded about, but it’s a proper one at Hazlemere ?

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
Played Waterton Park the other day and had a great time. The course was in very fine condition given the recent weather. Scored 98 / 38 points off the yellows. I took one mulligan having sliced the ball into oblivion when playing through a three ball after the halfway house - felt under a lot of pressure but maybe I just needed to take my time as I’m sure they’ve seen lots of high handicappers about!
Highlight of the day was a one putt par on the first followed up by a cracking tee shot on the par3 second which prompted a clap from the green keeper - I was probably playing my best of the day at that point!

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Well , final midweek round at Ellesborough for a while, back at work Monday after 7 months on Furlough.
Just me & CVG as @Imurg has done his knee in , ( might be out for a few weeks)

Very happy with a blob free 37 points to CVG’s paltry 20 including a par at the par 5 last hole, which was a nice way to finish.
17 out, 20 in

Had 5 x 1 pointers, so left plenty out there

I’ll only be able to play once over a weekend max now, compared to 3 or 4 times a week for the last several months and I think I’m going to miss it

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Well , final midweek round at Ellesborough for a while, back at work Monday after 7 months on Furlough.
Just me & CVG as @Imurg has done his knee in , ( might be out for a few weeks)

Very happy with a blob free 37 points to CVG’s paltry 20 including a par at the par 5 last hole, which was a nice way to finish.
17 out, 20 in

Had 5 x 1 pointers, so left plenty out there

I’ll only be able to play once over a weekend max now, compared to 3 or 4 times a week for the last several months and I think I’m going to miss it

Let's hope Ian's knee isn't too bad

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played Nairn this morning Last game for a while during the week, back full time from Monday.

great morning bright sunshine and a decent temp, hit it OK, putting was difficult as the greens had been spiked and sanded, so a bit slow and bump.

Big turn out this morning for the roll up, more people than we had times for so i suspect there will be some complaints from those behind... prob the ones who couldn't keep pace and had lost 2 holes on our last 4 ball out:ROFLMAO:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We played today a nice friendly Stableford using the new Handicap Index and off the yellows, we also used the slope adjustment (just to try it out). A bit wet and breezy but I had my handicap index at 14.5 and played off 16 - I had a shot on 2 holes that I've never had in the last 20 years.

So, without playing my best golf by any means, scored a nice comfortable 35 points - maybe I shall just like the new system ??

TigerTime

Visit site
Personal best for me today of 85 (+15) and I am absolutely delighted. I feel like I left a few out there too.

Included a chip in the hole from off the green and thinning one out of the bunker and the ball smashing into the flag and the ball dropped stone dead next to the cup (close call).

I've had two lessons and I'm now really seeing the benefits, especially with the driver which I can absolutely bomb it down the fairway.

Golf is fun (y)

Last edited:

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played at my course today, but we gave up after 12 holes as it was no fun in the mud. It really does get bad after a few days of rain. Got two matches coming up against other clubs and I think that, after them, I shall give up for the winter.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Second round of the seniors' winter knockout (matchplay). Got off to a flyer and was 3 up after 4 holes. Playing pretty well and was still 3 up with 6 to play. Then had meltdown and was level after 16. (Me being the man who has previously been 4 up with 4 to play and still lost) Won 17 but then fouled up the 18th to go to extra time. Getting a bit nervy. Finally managed to win on the 23rd hole ! Dont think I've ever concentrated on my game as much as I did those last 5 holes. (Perhaps i should try it more often ?)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Range session today, first whole dry day, so the pitch and putt, was sodden, but busy.
Managed to maintain my swing speed at the higher level, but the smash factor is away from target. I think the shaft isn’t responding well, but the shots were just straight with a small movements to the left with the driver. Everything else was as is except the 6 iron, feels peculiar... I can’t put my finger on it.