I guarantee this has never been asked before!

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks Colin a few people have said hitting the ground first and may be swinging to steep might be the cause...glad I'm not the only one this has happened too. The annoying thing is its only just started to happen!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thinking about it a bit more, when it's happened to me before it's been hitting down off my back foot out of a really boggy lie to make sure it comes out. I think you're onto something with that idea.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Why have I started to eat a mouth full of mud when i Take a divot with most of my shots!

Sensible answers please.....

Too steep at impact. Fire the hips towards the target a few inches on the downswing whilst your head remains in place, this will give you a small amount of spine tilt away from the target and shallow out the decent of the club. Too much spine tilt and you'll hit fat shots so make sure you are not dropping your head back behind the ball as the hips go forward.

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why have I started to eat a mouth full of mud when i Take a divot with most of my shots!
%PSensiblee answers please.....

Too steep at impact. Fire the hips towards the target a few inches on the downswing whilst your head remains in place, this will give you a small amount of spine tilt away from the target and shallow out the decent of the club. Too much spine tilt and you'll hit fat shots so make sure you are not dropping your head back behind the ball as the hips go forward.

Hi thanks for that it does sound very unnatural but I understand what u mean so will give it ago on the range tomorrow before I play sunday.

Thanks