I guarantee this has never been asked before!

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why have I started to eat a mouth full of mud when i Take a divot with most of my shots!

Sensible answers please.....

Second thoughts prob not the best place to ask this :eek: :eek: :D

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its been know only every now and again (do i hit it straight :eek: ) to be honest i think it happens when i feel i have made a good contact with the ball

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why have I started to eat a mouth full of mud when i Take a divot with most of my shots!

Don't swing with your mouth open :D

Sorry I haven't got a serious answer. I normally take huge divots but they don't come anywhere near me unless it's really boggy.

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
I knew the comments would start...its not the full divot but its a pain in the ass....just wondering if it was something in my swing?!?!?!

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com
In my experience, part of the divot hitting you in the face is caused by catching the ground before the ball, even fractionally.

Some people may have other ideas, but it's the only time i've experienced it or observed it.

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
In my experience, part of the divot hitting you in the face is caused by catching the ground before the ball, even fractionally.

Some people may have other ideas, but it's the only time i've experienced it or observed it.

A last a proper response.... thanks for that its a possibility :D

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Follow through ! i take divots the size of small tombstones, but they always finish about 30 yards away. Ball usually finishes 20 yards away but that's another story. :(

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you may be hitting down on the ball rather than sweeping the ball off the turf. Do your shots go very high?

I sometimes get hit in the face but it's normally sand and that's because I hit down on the ball rather than slide the club underneath the ball.