I bought today.....

Burnsey

Visit site
Swapped out the Ping G430 Max 3 and 5 fairway woods for Callaway Ai Smoke Max D.

Took the demo clubs out and quite amazed how much better I played them both. 3 wood set on standard/draw at 15 degree and 5 wood is as it comes.

sjw

Visit site
They were lovely back in the day. Enjoy
Yeah they're really nice. Obviously they're 10+ years older than my regular clubs, so the lofts are totally different. I'm about 20 yards shorter on each club. I've just bought them because I really liked the 3i and I found a really good deal on ebay. I'll just use them for fun rounds, and also to help practice my ball striking. I think they highlight that I'm still striking the ball slightly thin, but I've yet to try them on grass properly

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Yeah they're really nice. Obviously they're 10+ years older than my regular clubs, so the lofts are totally different. I'm about 20 yards shorter on each club. I've just bought them because I really liked the 3i and I found a really good deal on ebay. I'll just use them for fun rounds, and also to help practice my ball striking. I think they highlight that I'm still striking the ball slightly thin, but I've yet to try them on grass properly

If you find that you enjoy the experience so much that you want to look at even older clubs, you know where to come!

Reactions: sjw

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've been struggling with the space between Driver and 23° hybrid for some time now..
I like the 4w/7w system but haven't been able to find a reliable 7w that doesn't want to go a million miles high and left as well as a 4w that is good off the deck and tee...
After many experiments..hybrids included....with a bit of luck I may have found the answer...
A couple of Callaway clubs are filling the gap admirably
An Epic Speed 4w and an original Epic 7w.....the 7w is fast becoming my bestest friend ever.....and the Speed is a rocket off the tee and pretty decent off the deck too.
Happy Bunny.....:giggle:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
An hour long indoor Trackman session tomorrow night. Haven't done one since November '22 and I know my swing has changed a lot since then. Will be interesting to see if the numbers have changed too.

Smoj

Visit site
I've been having the worst time with my Scotty Newport 2.5, probably one of the worst putters I've used, I think I only had 1 good round with it 10 rounds later it had to go, so I sold it and bought a Spider EX

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Couldn't resist this thing of beauty today. The grip could do with changing. I'll give it a clean before I do that to see if there's some life in it yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240803_181143_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240803_181143_Gallery.jpg
    692.4 KB · Views: 16