I bought today.....

Mandofred

Visit site
Love my ER2. First putter ive had for a while where i dont feed the need to change or upgrade
I'd been lusting after a double wide putter for a while. I haven't had a metal faced putter for 30? years and I was interested in giving it a try. The ER2 doesn't have the gravity grip but the one on it felt great. I tried the ER5 as well, which was ok but didn't feel as solid and had a tingy sound when hitting it. Also wanted to try the Cameron Phantom 5...which was ok, but I really don't like the grips they put on the putters so it was hard to like it just from that. Supposed to play in the morning, but with temps from 2-4C with rain/snow I'm still thinking about it.

As a side note, I turned my old irons (Ping i500 recoil shafts) for the pro shop to sell for me. Also turned in 3 old putters ( old Odyssey Rossie, Odyssey White Hot from about 5 years ago I never got on with, and an Odyssey #7). Also a bunch of wedges I don't use anymore...tired of things sitting around in the garage. Next step is to talk myself into an electric trolley.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Membership at Kidderminster golf club after a lot of searching and debating! Played it last week, it was raining and had been generally cold and wet, despite this it was firm under foot, white shoes are still white and the greens ran true. Bit further to travel than I would’ve liked, but it’s worth an extra 5 mins to play somewhere you enjoy.

Roll on 1st May!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I bought these straight off the shelf. Can’t see them making it home

Attachments

• AB1FAE89-1535-4A09-9342-DEE78477E1E5.jpeg
    AB1FAE89-1535-4A09-9342-DEE78477E1E5.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got a bonus from work so I've treated myself to a pair of Ecco BIOM H4 with boa lacing, 150 quid on Snainton. Hopefully last longer than the 7 months my Skechers lasted me.

AAC

Visit site
Got a bonus from work so I've treated myself to a pair of Ecco BIOM H4 with boa lacing, 150 quid on Snainton. Hopefully last longer than the 7 months my Skechers lasted me.

The last pair of Ecco Bioms I bought were about 5 years ago, still going strong :cool:;)

BTW - invest in some Ecco water repellent spray, helps preserve them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last pair of Ecco Bioms I bought were about 5 years ago, still going strong :cool:;)

BTW - invest in some Ecco water repellent spray, helps preserve them.
I have a spray at home already that I usually pop on new pairs of shoes. I believe it's called 'Crep' (rather unflatteringly).

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I have a spray at home already that I usually pop on new pairs of shoes. I believe it's called 'Crep' (rather unflatteringly).

That reminds me of a Russ Abbott joke from years back.

He was doing his Teddy Boy impression and had on a large pair of brothel creepers; "Somebody told me these shoes are crepe, I think they're alright"

Still makes me smile all these years later.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That reminds me of a Russ Abbott joke from years back.

He was doing his Teddy Boy impression and had on a large pair of brothel creepers; "Somebody told me these shoes are crepe, I think they're alright"

Still makes me smile all these years later.
Same joke I make every time I'm in a cafe that sells crepes.
"I might have a crepe"
"You should have gone before we came out."

Carlwm

Visit site
Never owned a hybrid but I've taken the plunge on a second-hand Taylormade RBZ 4. Forty quid,which is hopefully a decent price.

It looks nice but, irritatingly, I'm currently going through a bout of the 'rona so it'll be a week or so, I should imagine, before I'll be able to give it a go.