I bought today.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a golf thing but Debenhams are closing down and have a massive sale on, I got a pair of Converse trainers for only £22. If anyone's got a Debenham's near them and wants some cheap chinos for golf, get down there, they had loads in the one we went to (Uxbridge). Tailored shorts as well.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Put a reasonable offer in on a Sim Max driver this afternoon....and won :oops:
Time to shift on my trusty old M2 methinks.
Am I right in thinking both drivers have the same adapter? I love the shaft on my M2 so I was thinking of swapping them over.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Put a reasonable offer in on a Sim Max driver this afternoon....and won :oops:
Time to shift on my trusty old M2 methinks.
Am I right in thinking both drivers have the same adapter? I love the shaft on my M2 so I was thinking of swapping them over.
Think so, I sold my M4 to someone who put their own M1 shaft in so should fit

AliMc

Visit site
A TSi2 hybrid, not bought yet but on trial from the Pro shop, will try it out tomorrow at Forres, will probably make it into the bag though, looks great

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
4 Dozen Titleist AVX.

A years membership at my club for the boy.
And

Attachments

• PIQUE-CAMOPRINT-RED1.gif
    PIQUE-CAMOPRINT-RED1.gif
    304.2 KB · Views: 4

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Well I can’t seem to fit into a TSI or Sim2 better than my current Maverik but had an itch to fix something that isn’t broken.

Had an opportunity to purchase the triple diamond version which is at 8.4d and can be knocked down to 7.4 with the adapter sleeve, and knock my spin down even further.

Also finally the TSI3 hybrid came today what a beauty!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well I can’t seem to fit into a TSI or Sim2 better than my current Maverik but had an itch to fix something that isn’t broken.

Had an opportunity to purchase the triple diamond version which is at 8.4d and can be knocked down to 7.4 with the adapter sleeve, and knock my spin down even further.

Also finally the TSI3 hybrid came today what a beauty!

The crown of that hybrid is a thing of beauty.

As for the Mavrik I can’t think what Thor’s hammer was called but yeah, most of us shouldn’t even think about looking at that thing.

Beast mode activated.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
The crown of that hybrid is a thing of beauty.

As for the Mavrik I can’t think what Thor’s hammer was called but yeah, most of us shouldn’t even think about looking at that thing.

Beast mode activated.

Time will tell but played 14 holes this evening hitting 3/4 drives on some holes when catching up with the group in front and I can’t ever see me parting with it. I’ve took the weights from my old Mavrik.

14g in front and 2 at back put in my Hulk X Flex Shaft which makes the driver play 47 inches (tipped 1 inch)

Absolute spin killer. I don’t know why it works for me but it does and surprisingly well.

Joined 2 friends later into the round who both had a go with it and they absolutely hated it, 4 foot high knuckle balls.

D

Deleted member 1147

Treated myself to a pair of Adidas Code Chaos shoes in grey, as my old FJ pro SLs had a few holes in them.

jmcp

Visit site
Time will tell but played 14 holes this evening hitting 3/4 drives on some holes when catching up with the group in front and I can’t ever see me parting with it. I’ve took the weights from my old Mavrik.

14g in front and 2 at back put in my Hulk X Flex Shaft which makes the driver play 47 inches (tipped 1 inch)

Absolute spin killer. I don’t know why it works for me but it does and surprisingly well.

Joined 2 friends later into the round who both had a go with it and they absolutely hated it, 4 foot high knuckle balls.

I also use a Mavrik mines is a sub zero 9 degree, what is the difference/benefit of the triple diamond version and is that also what is classes as a tour head ?

Cheers, John

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I also use a Mavrik mines is a sub zero 9 degree, what is the difference/benefit of the triple diamond version and is that also what is classes as a tour head ?

Cheers, John

They vary in terms of exact lofts, 9 degree on the head means little and can range from low 8’s to low 9’s in exact loft prior to any adjustments on the triple diamond. Mine is 8.4. The straighter top line is noticeable for me and helps with shot shaping from trialling yesterday.

As you can see on the photos below Triple Diamond on the left has a more pear shaped profile which I prefer and less busy on the face with a little line that denotes the measured CG point of the face. SZ is 460cc and Triple D is 450cc

For me I find my miss left is reduced where I turn it over a little too much, my low heel miss when I’m fatigued isn’t as punished either. Launches and spins a touch lower than my Sub Zero now I’ve changed the weights to 14 front and 2 back to match what my SZ was playing.

Copy pasted:

The MAVRIK Sub-Zero Triple Diamond Driver is inspired by Tour feedback, which dictated a neutral look at address and a CG optimized for control and workability. Our number one driver model played on Tour, the MAVRIK Sub-Zero Triple Diamond features improved acoustics and higher MOI than previous Triple Diamond models.

Features & Benefits:
Progressive Head Shape
The design features a higher toe, increased face progression, and a straighter top line that is very popular among Tour players. This shape helps players better align the face to the target line and promotes a neutral to fade shot shape.
Optimized CG for Increased Control
We’ve implemented extensive feedback and testing data from our Tour players to optimize CG position for a high level of workability and control. The CG is precisely located for a moderate amount of spin, while maintaining extremely high MOI properties for forgiveness on off-center hits.
New A.I. Designed Flash Face Ss20 For Ball Speeds All Across the Face
MAVRIK thinking fueled our new A.I. designed Flash Face SS20 to promote fast ball speeds across a more expansive area in each loft.

Last edited: