I bought today.....

Mandofred

Visit site
seriously recommend just regripping 1 initially if making a biggish change then doing the rest if happy (talking from experience of having to have a whole set of grips removed after 2 weeks)
Yeah, I understand. If I were a patient person (nope) I would order just one or two grips and try it out.....already thought of this. Any idea how long a place like clubhouse golf takes to get orders to you? I've only ordered from Snainton....which is more expensive for these grips. Then of course buy the other 11 if I like the feel. Out of curiosity....what grips did you hate?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I understand. If I were a patient person (nope) I would order just one or two grips and try it out.....already thought of this. Any idea how long a place like clubhouse golf takes to get orders to you? I've only ordered from Snainton....which is more expensive for these grips. Then of course buy the other 11 if I like the feel. Out of curiosity....what grips did you hate?

wasnt the grips i hated, just had built them up to the wrong thickness so just couldnt get my hands to set right on the club

if youre looking to buy grips either adoregrips or gamola maybe cheaper than the generic golf shops

normally clubhouse/snainton will be with in a day or 2 for delivery but not sure that holds true currently

D

Deleted member 18588

I will let you know after tomorrow.

I have just fitted the Midsize version to my irons and I will be using them for the first time in the morning.

I have "sausage" hands plus arthritis, hence the cricket bat style.

In addition I find that the built up lower hand helps keep the hands less active.

Mandofred

Visit site

I have just fitted the Midsize version to my irons and I will be using them for the first time in the morning.
In addition I find that the built up lower hand helps keep the hands less active.
Thanks. I have been reading more and more about trying a larger grip....helps some, hurts others. If what I have read is accurate, the TV plus 4 are a little bigger at the butt as well as built up lower down. If that is accurate, I would likely not put any extra tape on. When I was buying my current Ping i500 irons the pro shop had a i200 that I took out with me. LOVED it....hit it really well and I think the grip had been built up just a hair. When I took it back in I mentioned it to the pro and he thought it probably had 3 tapes on it. I loved the size of it....even though I have small hands. I have adjusted my hand grip several times over the last 4 years.....the first time was because of some arthritis (which has gone away). I've now converted over to the baseball grip and can't see going back to either other grip. I'm currently 9.5, I was hoping to get that down to 8 this summer.....but.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

mid size MCC plus 4s ;) work for me lol

sausage hands plus used to a cricket bat describes it perfectly :)

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
I have just bought a 2nd hand G10 of all the drivers over the years I still believe it’s the best and it’s certainly longer than my latest one.
Always regretted getting rid of my last one.

D

Deleted member 18588

Thanks. I have been reading more and more about trying a larger grip....helps some, hurts others. If what I have read is accurate, the TV plus 4 are a little bigger at the butt as well as built up lower down. If that is accurate, I would likely not put any extra tape on. When I was buying my current Ping i500 irons the pro shop had a i200 that I took out with me. LOVED it....hit it really well and I think the grip had been built up just a hair. When I took it back in I mentioned it to the pro and he thought it probably had 3 tapes on it. I loved the size of it....even though I have small hands. I have adjusted my hand grip several times over the last 4 years.....the first time was because of some arthritis (which has gone away). I've now converted over to the baseball grip and can't see going back to either other grip. I'm currently 9.5, I was hoping to get that down to 8 this summer.....but.
Tour Velvet Midsize +4.?

Felt good and some of my most consistent striking for a long time.

Mandofred

Visit site
Tour Velvet Midsize +4.?

Felt good and some of my most consistent striking for a long time.
Thanks. Did the butt of the club feel a little bigger? From what I've read, not only is the bottom a good bit bigger....but the butt was a fraction bigger as well. I'm assuming you are normally a midsize? I am normally standard and wanted the butt to be a tiny bit bigger along with the bottom hand.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks. Did the butt of the club feel a little bigger? From what I've read, not only is the bottom a good bit bigger....but the butt was a fraction bigger as well. I'm assuming you are normally a midsize? I am normally standard and wanted the butt to be a tiny bit bigger along with the bottom hand.

i didnt notice any difference in the size of butt going from normal midsize to the plus 4 ones, albeit in multicompounds not tour velvets, would def try and fit one normally and then one with a wrap or two of tape under to see which works best

D

Deleted member 18588

In feel probably not but visually the whole grip seems bigger but I would attribute that to the optics of little or no taper.

Oh! and yes I have used Midsize for a number of years now.

Mandofred

Visit site
i didnt notice any difference in the size of butt going from normal midsize to the plus 4 ones, albeit in multicompounds not tour velvets, would def try and fit one normally and then one with a wrap or two of tape under to see which works best
I've got a couple of my hybrids with the mcc regular grips, I like them.....but I like the tour velvet as well, and the velvet are a good bit cheaper....especially for experimenting.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just bought a 2nd hand G10 of all the drivers over the years I still believe it’s the best and it’s certainly longer than my latest one.
Always regretted getting rid of my last one.
You're the guy who works for AG and you're telling us an 11 year old driver is the best? Surely that's against company policy? :LOL:

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried that.

My claim for a refund got rejected because HotGolf gave eBay proof that the package arrived, which it did.

The fact that items were missing from inside the package seems to have been overlooked ?.

I'll keep chasing but to be honest I'm just keeping it in perspective. It's easy to get wound up about it when there's nothing else to do, but I'm not going to let HotGolf's poor service get me down any more over a few socks and a pair of sunglasses.

Hopefully the replacements arrive before the end of the hot weather ?

Have you got any further with HotGolf? My fairway still isn’t here and the phone lines aren’t even going through to anyone now

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
No Mike.
I'm really annoyed but trying not to let it annoy me, if that makes sense ?

I was fine, but now their phones don’t even ring and just cut out I’ve started to move towards chargeback. Ordered the 3 wood on the 4th April and it was supposedly lost in transit.

Frustrating all round. Quite a few shops that are usually decent have dropped service levels massively

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I found a Costco ,Kirkland ball and in the 9 holes I used it , I was well impressed , could be the original model , which has better reviews , but if you can still, get the one I tried , I would buy them in a heartbeat , I usually use , prov1 or chrome soft .

played with one for 3 holes yesterday, before throwing it away. awful ball, like hitting a stone. Very glad I didn’t buy 2 dozen?

niceboy

Visit site
played with one for 3 holes yesterday, before throwing it away. awful ball, like hitting a stone. Very glad I didn’t buy 2 dozen?
The ołd one sold like hot cakes and weren't readily available in the uk , but the new model is , so could be a budget version , I also spotted a review for Kirkland putters , but haven't watched it yet .

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The ołd one sold like hot cakes and weren't readily available in the uk , but the new model is , so could be a budget version , I also spotted a review for Kirkland putters , but haven't watched it yet .

Did the first version not land them in hot water with Acushnet? Patent infringements galore.
So any subsequent version was always likely to be significantly different.