I bought today.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Won a £25 voucher at an open at a local course last month. Went along yesterday to spend it, hoping to put it towards a new top. Every shirt in the shop had the club logo on it, and it was all well overpriced - £60 for a basic adidas one was the cheapest.

So it was either balls or a new cap. Got loads of balls, so a new cap it was.
I don't know how pro shops sell any gear at their prices. I constantly see polos in pro shops for £60 that are £25 online.

Morfeen75

Visit site
I don't know how pro shops sell any gear at their prices. I constantly see polos in pro shops for £60 that are £25 online.
I know the embroidery of club crests cost between £9-15 per polo, so your near £40 for the polo. He or she then has to make some profit. I will always support my pro over any online shop. He's available 7days a week 365 days a year and will usually acknowledge the support throughout the year by discounting other bits. He's loaned me a driver at the drop of the hat for example when i left it in the car boot at home.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know the embroidery of club crests cost between £9-15 per polo, so your near £40 for the polo. He or she then has to make some profit. I will always support my pro over any online shop. He's available 7days a week 365 days a year and will usually acknowledge the support throughout the year by discounting other bits. He's loaned me a driver at the drop of the hat for example when i left it in the car boot at home.
I like my club's pro but not enough to spend £60 on a £25 shirt I'm afraid. Doesn't help that he only seems to sell Penguin, Glenmuir and Island Green. 🤨

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To be honest I only uee Pro shop credit to buy from the shop....there's no clubs, few balls other than ProV or TP5, Footjoy shoes which dont seem tk agree with my feet and pretty much everything else has the club crest on it.
I've had 2 shirts recently..would have cost 100 quid...cost me 7.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest I only uee Pro shop credit to buy from the shop....there's no clubs, few balls other than ProV or TP5, Footjoy shoes which dont seem tk agree with my feet and pretty much everything else has the club crest on it.
I've had 2 shirts recently..would have cost 100 quid...cost me 7.
I would do the same, but the last time I got something back from a comp (losing finalist) they offered me pro shop or bar tab, so I chose the bar. No-brainer.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I would do the same, but the last time I got something back from a comp (losing finalist) they offered me pro shop or bar tab, so I chose the bar. No-brainer.
Our Pro is retiring at the end of the year so any winnings now go into the bar card...
By February we'll have a new shop run by the same bunch who run 4 or 5 Pro shops in the area...should mean access to trial clubs, fittings etc etc..

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Our Pro is great, he's really proactive, will try and locate anything we ask him for and price matches whenever he can. Obviously a small pro shop can't hold massive stocks but he really works hard to keep the members supplied

We had a new pro arrive last year and he has been a huge difference

Loads of very good Glenmuir crested clothing as well as FJ and Castore

Lots of good selection

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
A pair of Skechers GO GOLF Pro 6 shoes and a Spurk mat and bag for what looks like being another wet winter. Now at a club that protects the course, so a mat is fine with me if it means conditions like this June - September.
As for our proshop, it's a bit weird. Quite a lot of older golfers and although we have Peter Millar, we also have G4 stuff! We do have a strong junior section too, which maybe explains it. Some great branded products too.