I bought today.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use one of those cross ones. Sometimes it's fine and the tee lasts for ages, but on Monday I was firing them all over the place. Some forwards down the range, some into the next bay, some backwards, some exploding into pieces. All good fun 🤪 What I really need is a longer one cut down.
Yeah I'm not sure it'll be ideal but worth a go. Might use it more for the non-driver clubs as I use the smallest green castle tees for them when I'm on the course, and you just cannot find range tees at that height. I generally just hit those ones off the mat, but would be nice to practice 3 wood off the right tee height for example.

sjw

Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure it'll be ideal but worth a go. Might use it more for the non-driver clubs as I use the smallest green castle tees for them when I'm on the course, and you just cannot find range tees at that height. I generally just hit those ones off the mat, but would be nice to practice 3 wood off the right tee height for example.
I think the best use I've found is for the virtual golf. You can then use a tee on driver holes, use just the rubber on holes where you tee off with 3w, and the mat for everything else. I was pretty much only hitting driver on Monday so that's probably why I got through a lot of tees

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the best use I've found is for the virtual golf. You can then use a tee on driver holes, use just the rubber on holes where you tee off with 3w, and the mat for everything else. I was pretty much only hitting driver on Monday so that's probably why I got through a lot of tees
Yeah, exactly that - when I play the courses on TopTracer (as we've discussed before) it feels more legit if I tee up the actual tee shots I guess.

Reactions: sjw

sjw

Visit site
I came up with a new top tip yesterday. If your range is one that has a mat inside a sort of rubber tray thing, then if you put a tee in the cross one and push down enough, it actually punches into the rubber 🙊 This a) grips it more tightly and b) allows for a more precise tee height

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been suffering with the shanks for a week or so. Bought myself "the little one" golf club, small headed iron that is supposed to help you find the centre of the club more... hit a few shots with it then when you go back to a normal sized iron it appears massive and easier to find the sweet spot

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been suffering with the shanks for a week or so. Bought myself "the little one" golf club, small headed iron that is supposed to help you find the centre of the club more... hit a few shots with it then when you go back to a normal sized iron it appears massive and easier to find the sweet spot
Not heard of that but the logic seems sound. Hope it works for you

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not heard of that but the logic seems sound. Hope it works for you

I started shanking last week the day before my round with @Orikoru .. then shanked most of my irons with him aha still held him off in our match until the last hole 😉

However since then I had no shanks in 80 balls at the range Monday but Tuesday? Shank city .. wednesday went range twice . 1st time 22 out of 30 balls shank. Then 2nd time only 10 out of 30 lol 🤣

Went last night before work first ball shank and rest lovely draws so my focus on hitting the sweet spot worked

Hoping the aid really helps me find the middle instead of the hosel

Burnsey

Visit site
A L.A.B Link 1 putter FFS.

I'm going through a complete bag change, but at the same time creating options with putters, wedges and balls.

The stuff I am going for is readily saleable on the used market, with not much of a loss, but we all know I will keep goddam everything 🤣

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
12 Snell Prime 2.0 urethane 2 piece balls.
Should be interesting to see what happens.

** just seen 7 iron 125yards 😳 but compression is 80 ..
the Ad333 is 75-80 ish I think , which is okay

Last edited:

Burnsey

Visit site
A L.A.B Link 1 putter FFS.

I'm going through a complete bag change, but at the same time creating options with putters, wedges and balls.

The stuff I am going for is readily saleable on the used market, with not much of a loss, but we all know I will keep goddam everything 🤣

Returned the L.A.B. putter after a few practice strokes at home. Not for me, and maybe the mallet styles would work better, but thought I’d try the blade first as it’s my preference.

I fully appreciate we should try things in hand, but online shopping gives us the opportunity without making a day of it.

Burnsey

Visit site
Well, following weeks of fitting appointments and a shed loads of money changing clubs, just won the society pairs comp today and pkayed really well, so sort of justified. Picked up the nearest the pin too.

To be fair, I part exchanged old clubs, so the overall spend wasn’t eye watering.

Considering I’d only collected my irons this week and not even swung them or had any practice, they did exactly what they say on the tin.

Good day.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Well, following weeks of fitting appointments and a shed loads of money changing clubs, just won the society pairs comp today and pkayed really well, so sort of justified. Picked up the nearest the pin too.

To be fair, I part exchanged old clubs, so the overall spend wasn’t eye watering.

Considering I’d only collected my irons this week and not even swung them or had any practice, they did exactly what they say on the tin.

Good day.
What irons?

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site

Good day.
The glow will disappear as soon as you've paid for them! :)

Burnsey

Visit site
What irons?

Titleist T200 6, 7, 8 and T150 9, PW, GW, all with traditional lofts, so the GW ending at 48, which means I can still use my trusty Vega made J Lindeberg 52/56/60 too.

I popped my SM10 54 and 58 in the bag to try today, but they're not as pinpoint as my current set. I do love a wedge. If they worked well, it just meant I could lose a club, but will keep messing with them to get the right bag set up.

The glow will disappear as soon as you've paid for them! :)

I paid on order, so that's three weeks past now.

Interestingly, distances are consistent, bolt straight and they spin like crazy on greens - never really got the hang of that until now!

Last edited: