I bought today.....

oleinone

Visit site
Stealth HD 10.5 Airspeeder 45g senior shaft. Got it last Friday to replace venerable Titleist 910D2. The ball does go further - reached one of our par 5s in 3 for the first time in a long time. Never been a big slicer but on standard setting the ball flight is straight so the draw bias isn't strong. Before, I could feel where off centre hits were coming from. With the new driver, it's much more difficult to tell - more forgiveness? Those shots also seem to gain distance.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
50 TM golf balls for £20. Used balls in good condition, perfect for winter golf. At 40p a pop, no need to go in the deep and soggy rough looking for them 😄
I’ve got a box of used Tour Speed that I use for winter. They were about 80p per ball and I take a similar attitude at that price.

RichA

Visit site
I’ve got a box of used Tour Speed that I use for winter. They were about 80p per ball and I take a similar attitude at that price.
Same here, except I use them for best. 😳
My winter balls are whatever I find during the summer that has "soft" in the name.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've got a crate of balls in the garage....all finds, all decent.
They'll be used in the depths of winter but, to be fair, Ellesborough is so good in the winter I barely need them..

Smoj

Visit site
Stealth HD 10.5 Airspeeder 45g senior shaft. Got it last Friday to replace venerable Titleist 910D2. The ball does go further - reached one of our par 5s in 3 for the first time in a long time. Never been a big slicer but on standard setting the ball flight is straight so the draw bias isn't strong. Before, I could feel where off centre hits were coming from. With the new driver, it's much more difficult to tell - more forgiveness? Those shots also seem to gain distance.
I also use a Stealth HD, I would like to know what's on the inside of the club and how much weight is in the heel, The HD was rarely talked about in-depth in stealth reviews when they came out. unless i missed something.

that said I have been a bit of a slicer with my Tsi3, it had massive distances but massive distances either left, on the fairway, or mostly huge right slices :sneaky: (although I might have sorted my swing out a little bit since I last used it)
I find with the HD that my misses aren't huge and mostly/somehow still get in play from the odd mishit, I like it.

I was one click lower from standard (8.25) when I first got the club and had an excellent round, everything straight or baby draws & big yardages, then it was kinda hit and miss for a few rounds so last week tested out the other settings and found that one click higher from standard (9.75) worked the best for me. High, Long, and straight, and somehow added 20mph to my ball speed (used to average around 148 Bs)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-18 at 1.07.20 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-18 at 1.07.20 PM.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I also use a Stealth HD, I would like to know what's on the inside of the club and how much weight is in the heel, The HD was rarely talked about in-depth in stealth reviews when they came out. unless i missed something.

that said I have been a bit of a slicer with my Tsi3, it had massive distances but massive distances either left, on the fairway, or mostly huge right slices :sneaky: (although I might have sorted my swing out a little bit since I last used it)
I find with the HD that my misses aren't huge and mostly/somehow still get in play from the odd mishit, I like it.

I was one click lower from standard (8.25) when I first got the club and had an excellent round, everything straight or baby draws & big yardages, then it was kinda hit and miss for a few rounds so last week tested out the other settings and found that one click higher from standard (9.75) worked the best for me. High, Long, and straight, and somehow added 20mph to my ball speed (used to average around 148 Bs)
I think when titleist talk about forgiveness, they're talking front to back distances and off centre hits not losing distance.
Whereas when I talk about forgiveness, I'm talking bout keeping the ball in the same postcode left and right!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Not bought as such but a friend posted me a set of the 1990s remake Wilson Dynapower irons, they're in the garage for now until the good lady has cooled off after a "what, more golf clubs!".

D

Deleted member 25172

Finally taken the plunge and ordered a FJ Hydroknit jacket as I don't have a decent rain jacket. Playing a 36-hole open next wednesday and although forecast hopefully will change, it looks like rain throughout so better prepare.

Teebs

Visit site
My tsr2 5 wood arrived today but tainted by the buyer of my eBay'd Ping G430 hybrid claiming that it's 'broken' and has requested a return and refund.

It wasn't broken when it left me and seemed ok when he signed for the package last Saturday. Annoyed beyond reason.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
G425 5 wood
Set at 16.5° it seems to work quite well with it's regular flex shaft......somewhat surprising seeing as everything else is stiff flex....
Oh well...if it works, don't knock it

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
My tsr2 5 wood arrived today but tainted by the buyer of my eBay'd Ping G430 hybrid claiming that it's 'broken' and has requested a return and refund.

It wasn't broken when it left me and seemed ok when he signed for the package last Saturday. Annoyed beyond reason.

Hopefully you've a serial number
Incase he's sending back to you, his old broken one, and he's pulling a fast one

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hopefully you've a serial number
Incase he's sending back to you, his old broken one, and he's pulling a fast one
Yes always photo the serial number.
unfortunately EBay side with the buyer by default.
I would send the buyer a message stating you have the serial number as “ this is what you always do”

Teebs

Visit site
Yep, I have the serial numbers.
I did speak to Ping who said they would send out a new shaft and adapter (when ordered through a pro shop) but he didn't want to do that, strange..

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Finally taken the plunge and ordered a FJ Hydroknit jacket as I don't have a decent rain jacket. Playing a 36-hole open next wednesday and although forecast hopefully will change, it looks like rain throughout so better prepare.

Got rid of mine after 2 years as it
Leaked like a sieve despite washing
It with fabsil etc and tumble drying it.