I bought today.....

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
finally decided to bite the bullet and spend a little extra on a decent waterproof jacket so bought a Ping SensorDry 2.5 in the sales for £80

also bought a few polos for the summer, one being this vintage nike golf polo, because it was so gloriously hideous i just had to. 😄

Wondered what happened to my grandad’s old rug…

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Not bought as such but collected the lads new irons today, Cobra Aerojet 5 to GW, 2 degrees flat, KBS light shafts in regular, with some nice Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips on the end.
Also bought him a Cobra F9 one length hybrid this week.
Don't think I've ever had a set up as good as he's got in the 40 years I've been playing.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
2.5 litres of Osmo UV oil for the workshop cladding now that it's aged nicely (had lots of pinks and oranges in it when first installed).

For £85 it better be as good as folks say it is.

That said, Owatrol isn't much better.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Taylormade Spider GT Notchback putter, got it in 35" as it felt a lot comfier than the 34" I'd have normally bought. It's a thing of beauty 👌

Nice putter that. Had a swoosh with one on a recent work stay over as I ended up at a hotel in a golf club, ended up pulling the trigger on one Boxing Day but had a rethink and backed it.

The scotty was at real risk of being benched, enjoy!

Springveldt

Visit site
40 Titleist AVX balls from eBay in “mint” and “pearl” condition for £40. Seems like a better deal than the Titleist offer of 48 of them for £144.

I’m expecting them to not be mint or pearl based on the price but I was the only one who bid on them so might get lucky.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A Travis Mathew polo shirt for my dad's birthday, and a GustBuster umbrella for me - as my Sun Mountain one got destroyed in the wind on Monday.

Smoj

Visit site
Although I've only played my 714 ap2 since november, and liked them alot, I just sold some golf stuff that i no-longer use and was taking up space and used the funds to buy some 2nd hand T100 (2019) irons.
took them out on the range, with my 714s and had alternitive shots to see if there was much of a difference. not alot of difference to begin with, the t100s launch higher which is fine (project x precision 6.0 shafts) then suddently every shot on the t100 felt fantastic and when I got to the long irons, my mind was made up, the 5i was carrying 160 without alot of effort. anyways very happy, and bitter sweet to be saying goodbye to the 714 ap2s.

I was so impressed when the sun was out, as you can see in my photo, with my titleist aussy hat, I bought another in a darker colour.

also bought some yellow spike tees. as winter mats will be a thing of the past....soon... I hope. and I've decided to stop buying different size tees and just push wooden tees down fether for par 3's and teeing off with the 3 wood

and finally bought a 2nd hand sm8 60 degree to go with my other sm8 wedges. now I am set for the summer. :sneaky:

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One (looking likely) positive from my game today was the performance of a new to me Callaway Mavrik 4 wood with the Evenflow Riptide shaft in it.
Slightly lighter and softer than the brute I have in the other one, it sent the ball where I needed it to on the trajectory required...tee and grass
Could be on to a winner...