I bought today.....

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Couple of pairs of the £9.99 golf shorts from Lidl. Not worn them in anger yet but they're just what I've been looking for. The chino shorts I normally wear have been creating a bit of a boil in the bag scenario in this recent warmer weather.

They're a little tight on the bottom but hey, if you've got it - flaunt it.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
GBC
I keep getting a clubhouse email for these irons - how did you find them ? My head keeps being turned currently one minute pxg 0211 next minute M5 or M6 ....

M6 Irons from Golf Bidder arrived and on first try at the range great choice and a noticeable upgrade ever my current decade old TM Burners

GBC

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went for a Ping Fairwood wood fitting today.

Pleasant surprise to find they had one in stock in the proshop (Tensei shaft).

Ps I have not hit that may balls on a range in years - my own club 2 different heads and 3 different shafts. Then back to what we thought was the best.

I still wonder about fitters trying to get me to go back to stiff shafts at my age but it was only just marginal between what he suggested Ping Stock in stiff and the Tensei in regular.

Boomy

Visit site
37DAE57C-0E26-432A-BA2D-6CA0508027CB.jpeg
I’m sure the design of these will ‘divide’ people’s opinion ? but I like them and they look much better in the flesh in my opinion. Hoping I can spot them in the rough a bit easier ? and quite looking forward to putting with them ?

Boomy

Visit site
What are these the equivalent of please mate.

What do you mean? They are basically just a 2 colour Q Star Tour which is the new version of the AD333 I believe. Design idea taken from the old (very) Ping split colour ball idea I’d imagine ?

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What do you mean? They are basically just a 2 colour Q Star Tour which is the new version of the AD333 I believe. Design idea taken from the old (very) Ping split colour ball idea I’d imagine ?

Sorry mate, I had just woke up after night's and have now seen on the box it states Q star ???
Cheers ??????

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Q Star Tour are nothing like the AD333 - did you mean AD333 Tour?
They are much more like Z Stars.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went for a Ping Fairwood wood fitting today.

Pleasant surprise to find they had one in stock in the proshop (Tensei shaft).

Ps I have not hit that may balls on a range in years - my own club 2 different heads and 3 different shafts. Then back to what we thought was the best.

I still wonder about fitters trying to get me to go back to stiff shafts at my age but it was only just marginal between what he suggested Ping Stock in stiff and the Tensei in regular.
I got put into a cb Alta in stiff for the 3 crossover.. I would say it’s very close to a regular as it feels quite soft. I did not bother looking at the shaft when I was trying it, just when I went out on the course and that’s when I had a look. The driver shaft from the same fitting was regular.. but as always it’s totally irrelevant as it’s just a word and not a physical measurement.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just bought a Titleist 913H 24* hybrid for the 180 yard shots .
Fabulous club does everything inc chipping .
Never had one this loft before but up to now I am loving it.