I bought today.....

Boomy

Visit site
Why don’t you double bow it

It wouldn’t make any difference. The issue isn’t with the knot securing the laces, it’s the lace tension and it changing as the foot moves over the different terrain - BOA are reputed to keep the tension consistent, securing the foot better and only having to make the odd small adjustment. Hoping what I’ve heard is correct.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It wouldn’t make any difference. The issue isn’t with the knot securing the laces, it’s the lace tension and it changing as the foot moves over the different terrain - BOA are reputed to keep the tension consistent, securing the foot better and only having to make the odd small adjustment. Hoping what I’ve heard is correct.
I really think you might be tying laces wrong. :LOL:

AAC

Visit site

I have new golf shoes, the red laces get tied when I put them on and untied when I take them off, why should they become loose mid-round ? am I doing something wrong ?

Boomy

Visit site
I really think you might be tying laces wrong. :LOL:

I’ve a high arch/bridge & broad feet - it’s very common to struggle with lace tension without causing circulation issues on the top of the foot. It’s something I struggled with the fit of running/trail trainers as well. So no, I can tie laces just fine cheers ?? ?

Boomy

Visit site
I have new golf shoes, the red laces get tied when I put them on and untied when I take them off, why should they become loose mid-round ? am I doing something wrong ?

You likely have flat feet. Congratulations, have a gold star ⭐️ Why would you be doing something wrong, everyone’s feet are different so what works for you won’t necessarily work for the next person. As I explained above I have a high arch/bridge & broad feet - it’s very common to struggle with lace tension/shoe fit without causing circulation issues on the top of the foot. It’s something I struggled with the fit of running/trail trainers as well. If yours work fine for you then that’s great, thanks for sharing - maybe it’s because the laces are red ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve a high arch/bridge & broad feet - it’s very common to struggle with lace tension without causing circulation issues on the top of the foot. It’s something I struggled with the fit of running/trail trainers as well. So no, I can tie laces just fine cheers ?? ?
I have a similar problem.
I have found it’s what the laces are made of some stay tight some cheaper ones loosen.
I still had the problem with BOA shoes .
It’s just the shape of your feet moving in the shoes,

Boomy

Visit site
I have found it’s what the laces are made of some stay tight some cheaper ones loosen.

Yeah, I noticed that lace quality plays a big part of it with some shoes. I know the foot isn’t moving much when cycling but I’ve always found those fitted with boa type lace system fit snuggly without strangling the foot. Keeping ?? I get the same effect with the boa golf shoes. Also easier to just tweak the boa dial instead of having to re-tension laces. Keeping it on the fairway also helps instead of searching for balls in the sand dunes ?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Yeah, I noticed that lace quality plays a big part of it with some shoes. I know the foot isn’t moving much when cycling but I’ve always found those fitted with boa type lace system fit snuggly without strangling the foot. Keeping ?? I get the same effect with the boa golf shoes. Also easier to just tweak the boa dial instead of having to re-tension laces. Keeping it on the fairway also helps instead of searching for balls in the sand dunes ?
Ah climbing a sand dune - quickest way of amending the tightness of shoe laces

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
? this re laces. I have 2 pair of Ecco non golf shoes and they both have laces that come undo.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I really love my Ping 5 wood SFTec and have been looking for any second hand model of Ping 7 wood SFTec on eBay. In the end I gave up and yesterday I bought a new Ping 425 SFTec 7 wood ... I very rarely buy new. Was looking forward to using it today in a match for my club’s senior team, but it was postponed due to forecasted 50 mph winds.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did a tee fitting today, after hitting too many knuckle balls. Used the foot spray to determine the impact height, and as expected I was too high up the face with the orange castle, dropped to a pink castle and that seemed better. Finessed it a bit but decided to purchase some 60mm bamboo castles and some 30 mm bamboo castles for my 5 wood. So I deserve a green star for my environmental purchase ... we will brush over the amount of foot spray I released into the atmosphere