I bought today.....

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Weed and feed, lawn sand and seed mix ... my lawn is looking shocking as some hacker has been taking clumps out of it.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Srixon z star XV golf balls 1 dozen, using some loyalty points taking them to £25.
used the ball report from 2020 to determine which ball to purchase. These should offer a bit more driver distance and some wedge spin for when the course bakes. I have been using Q- stars and chrome soft x and both are good under current conditions. I think the chromes are a little longer than the Q star, so will see if the Z star recovers that but keeps the nice q star characteristics
In the above, were you using q star, or q star tours?
I'm down to my last few ad333 tours from a good deal a couple of years back, although have some lockdown purchases of cut blue & homna tw-x to try.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the above, were you using q star, or q star tours?
I'm down to my last few ad333 tours from a good deal a couple of years back, although have some lockdown purchases of cut blue & homna tw-x to try.
I was using q-star tour, I liked ad333 tour, as well. Soft feel went far but did not stop on the greens, so pointless. Q-star tours are definitely worth a punt, I thought though I wanted to try something a little firmer and more spin on 7 iron and wedge. Driver spin for me has to be on the high side, as I need a lot of help in all the places I can find it. So will see if XV is any good.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I was using q-star tour, I liked ad333 tour, as well. Soft feel went far but did not stop on the greens, so pointless. Q-star tours are definitely worth a punt, I thought though I wanted to try something a little firmer and more spin on 7 iron and wedge. Driver spin for me has to be on the high side, as I need a lot of help in all the places I can find it. So will see if XV is any good.
Cool, thought it would be the tours. I did have some Z stars "for mid summer use". XVs could be good. MGS did paste the Q tours over some quality issues but that wouldn't stop my giving them a go on a deal. Reminds me I have a sleeve of miz rb tour x to try also.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cool, thought it would be the tours. I did have some Z stars "for mid summer use". XVs could be good. MGS did paste the Q tours over some quality issues but that wouldn't stop my giving them a go on a deal. Reminds me I have a sleeve of miz rb tour x to try also.
Yes they were saying the quality from one of the build sites was away from target. Thing is that’s easy to rectify if it’s just an equipment issue and checks. However it becomes a world of pain when they are off on the constituent components. I will check where mine were from. But I have no complaints on any level with any of the balls, the Q star tour was £25/dozen and outperformed the titleist ones in my opinion. I like chrome soft x but the q star tours felt much more honest when putting.. I don’t normally mention this but sometimes I feel the odd Callaway ball has a tendency to roll a bit away from intention - but it’s hard to say for certain. I find titleist to be fickle about the level of spin , I like consistency and the Srixons deliver that. Will see what the XV is like

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've ordered one of those little magnetised phone holders that you stick in the air vent for your car. ??
If you find it doesn't work then get a holder from Brodit. I got fed up of my portable satnav flying off different holders in past cars and ended up buying one of these after advice on a car forum. It was wise advice, they make brilliant holders and your phone will never budge.

They cost a bit more but oddly enough less than the accumulated amount I spent on cheap versions ?.

If your one does the job then fair play ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you find it doesn't work then get a holder from Brodit. I got fed up of my portable satnav flying off different holders in past cars and ended up buying one of these after advice on a car forum. It was wise advice, they make brilliant holders and your phone will never budge.

They cost a bit more but oddly enough less than the accumulated amount I spent on cheap versions ?.

If your one does the job then fair play ?
The one I've ordered featured in a couple of 'best' holder lists I saw, but you never know do you? ?