I bought today.....

D

Deleted member 3432

Autoflex doesn't come in any stiffness, it's based on swing speed and weight. The shafts are very light, and very floppy. They are weird. I can only find one place in the UK where it can be tried, and it's miles from me, so I have just bought it blind. If I don't get on with it, I will have to take a hit and sell it on. I have seen quite a few videos on it, and wanted to try it out.
I have my own Epic Flash 9 degree sub zero head in it, but have added a heavier weight to the head, because it is so crazy light it needs a bit of something.

Can't wait to try it out.

Was watching something about it on TXG the other day. I'm sure they were mentioning that it needs to be matched to a head that will play a fairly specific swing weight for it to be effective.

Hope it works well for you ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was watching something about it on TXG the other day. I'm sure they were mentioning that it needs to be matched to a head that will play a fairly specific swing weight for it to be effective.

Hope it works well for you ?
Yes I saw that as well, Rick Shiels just stuffed it in his driver head and didn’t get a result, so it needs to be looked at.
@murphthemog there is a Canadian guy called Gabe who has done the same thing and found it weirdly positive using a mavrik head as well .. should be on YouTube don’t pay too much attention to his swing speed though, I think there might be an error.

pinhighgolfer

Visit site
I found ones on ebay called albatross, got them on a good deal. I didn't want to spend a lot of them so thought I'd give these a try as an entry level.

I need to get a base line first though with swing speed as I don't know where I'm at currently, before I start the program.

But looking forward to seeing if any gains can be had.

Are you using anything to measure improvements or just seeing extra on the course.

How is your Albatross training going? Would appreciate your feedback.

I'm thinking about these as I can't bring myself to spend £400 for Swingspeed for me and SS Junior for my son.

D

Deleted member 18588

Having twice in four months been messed around over custom fit jpx921 Hot Metal irons and, in the meantime, sold my previous irons I realised I was in danger of getting to the end of lockdown and having no irons.

Fortunately Tony Valentine Golf at Corsham came to the rescue and I have taken delivery of a new set of Ping (well I am over 70) G700, 5 - P + U & S wedges, fitted with Recoil 780 ES shafts, F3 flex.

So whenever Boris gives the all clear I will be ready!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having twice in four months been messed around over custom fit jpx921 Hot Metal irons and, in the meantime, sold my previous irons I realised I was in danger of getting to the end of lockdown and having no irons.

Fortunately Tony Valentine Golf at Corsham came to the rescue and I have taken delivery of a new set of Ping (well I am over 70) G700, 5 - P + U & S wedges, fitted with Recoil 780 ES shafts, F3 flex.

So whenever Boris gives the all clear I will be ready!
I don't think you needed to panic there, you've still got time. :LOL:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Pair of Adidas S2G shoes arrived today - description online says they are waterproof - having seen them I'm struggling to believe it - another pair of trainer style lightweight shoes - £42.50 from Auchterlonies in St Andrews so doing my bit to support local business - once this snow melts I'll get a chance to test them out.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Autoflex doesn't come in any stiffness, it's based on swing speed and weight. The shafts are very light, and very floppy. They are weird. I can only find one place in the UK where it can be tried, and it's miles from me, so I have just bought it blind. If I don't get on with it, I will have to take a hit and sell it on. I have seen quite a few videos on it, and wanted to try it out.
I have my own Epic Flash 9 degree sub zero head in it, but have added a heavier weight to the head, because it is so crazy light it needs a bit of something.

Can't wait to try it out.

The tech behind it for those who are interested;

https://www.golfwrx.com/627608/koreas-autoflex-shaft-challenging-the-conventional-wisdom-of-golf/

D

Deleted member 25172

How is your Albatross training going? Would appreciate your feedback.

I'm thinking about these as I can't bring myself to spend £400 for Swingspeed for me and SS Junior for my son.

I got the albatross speed stick 3-4 weeks back for £45. No complaints. Taking the weights off and putting them back on again is super simple and don’t see any point what so ever to pay an extra £100 or so for the other brands.

If it’s working? Not a clue, cause I don’t have a device to measure my speed. I have done it 3 times a week as per the program so once we get back out on the course I’ll know. :)

RichA

Visit site
Pair of Adidas S2G shoes arrived today - description online says they are waterproof - having seen them I'm struggling to believe it - another pair of trainer style lightweight shoes - £42.50 from Auchterlonies in St Andrews so doing my bit to support local business - once this snow melts I'll get a chance to test them out.
I had a pair. Really comfortable on summer afternoons but didn't keep out the early morning light dew.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mmmm - ta that's what I'd imagined - every description says waterproof though
I had similar with a pair of Ecco Cage a few years back,.
Advertised as waterproof, couldn't cope with a light dew.
Replaced easily enough and later they seemed to change their description to water resistant.