I bought today.....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Warm weather Sealskinz socks. Prompted by the waterproof shoe thread, I already have some winter ones but I wanted a thinner version. Enough people gave them the thumbs that I pressed the button on them.

D

Deleted member 23344

A pair of Otter waterproof socks. Will try them out on Thursday.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Warm weather Sealskinz socks. Prompted by the waterproof shoe thread, I already have some winter ones but I wanted a thinner version. Enough people gave them the thumbs that I pressed the button on them.
Share did you get them? Amazon?

Ordered a pair of gore Tex ECCOs. Not sure if I like them but they were cheap(ish). Was thinking of just sending them back and trying out the socks.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Share did you get them? Amazon?

Ordered a pair of gore Tex ECCOs. Not sure if I like them but they were cheap(ish). Was thinking of just sending them back and trying out the socks.
Straight from the Sealskinz website. £25 delivered. The price was as good as anywhere, one place was cheaper but they charged postage which took it over.

It's a lot for a pair of socks but you have to see them as more than just socks.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Straight from the Sealskinz website. £25 delivered. The price was as good as anywhere, one place was cheaper but they charged postage which took it over.

It's a lot for a pair of socks but you have to see them as more than just socks.

I agree. For me there are a winter accessory in the same way as a bobble hat or mitts. Worn for functionality not style

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A new pair of footy boots since I discovered a gash in the side of one of mine. Must have been studded and not realised. :confused: They don't make 'em like they used to, too easy to break!

D

Deleted member 29109

A new pair of footy boots since I discovered a gash in the side of one of mine. Must have been studded and not realised. :confused: They don't make 'em like they used to, too easy to break!

I stay away from the lightweight boots.
Stick with leather if you can find them, and they are just as good, if not better that boots from years ago.

I've worn Nike Premier 2s for years. I bought 3 pairs when Prodirect were selling them off. Which should see me good for boots forever. For 5aside I wear Adidas Copa. If you buy the decent ones, not the cheap version, they are leather and are more comfortable and last much longer.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I stay away from the lightweight boots.
Stick with leather if you can find them, and they are just as good, if not better that boots from years ago.

I've worn Nike Premier 2s for years. I bought 3 pairs when Prodirect were selling them off. Which should see me good for boots forever. For 5aside I wear Adidas Copa. If you buy the decent ones, not the cheap version, they are leather and are more comfortable and last much longer.
I get all mine from Pro Direct Soccer. The ones that just broke were Nike Mercurials and I liked them so much I've tried to stick with similar - new ones are Nike Phantom GT reduced from £80 to 50. Adidas sizing is always weird and inconsistent so I tend to avoid them now, given that I'm ordering online, weird and inconsistent sizing isn't ideal. But I've learned that Nike size 10 seems to be spot on.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reactions: Zig