I bought today.....

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I used to buy stuff from a retailler in St Albans. It was cheaper than most, because it was grey market stuff. So you could buy a driver, and it would come from a pro shop in Greece, for instance.

D

Deleted member 1740

Has anyone had any concerns with regards to the authenticity of the clubs they have purchased from the golf depot?

The only reason I ask is I approached a pro shop I have used before to trade a Callaway Mavrik driver I have bought from the golf depot as they had sent me the wrong club and I didn’t want to risk returning after hearing some of the stories on the forum

The guy basically came back to me and said they couldn’t offer a trade as it was purchased from the golf depot and as their prices are so inexplicably cheap their are questions marks over their validity.

He also said the shop don’t actually have a Callaway account either so there is also question marks over where the club originated from, they are on the radar of both manufactures and retailers alike.

The club I bought certainly looks the real thing but just wanted to check if anyone has managed to 100% confirm the club they received was genuine

If you're concerned about the authenticity of your driver I suggest you send it back for a full refund.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That is nonsense.

You say that when you handed in a new golf club to part exchange, the guy said he won't take it because the place you bought it from sells it too cheap??

No if you read the post properly I didn’t hand it in I had contacted them regarding a trade as the club golf depot sent to me was a different model from what I had ordered.

They are claiming that golf depot do not have a callaway account and he can then not verify where they are sourcing the clubs from so could not offer me any trade in deal.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you're concerned about the authenticity of your driver I suggest you send it back for a full refund.

I have read various posts on here with people having problems with regards to returns

I was not willing to take the risk as I am sure with everything going on it would not be the golf depot staff signing for any recorded delivery parcels at the moment, most likely the postman doing it for them

Didn’t want to give them any opportunity to dispute the returned item so decided against it

D

Deleted member 1740

I have read various posts on here with people having problems with regards to returns

I was not willing to take the risk as I am sure with everything going on it would not be the golf depot staff signing for any recorded delivery parcels at the moment, most likely the postman doing it for them

Didn’t want to give them any opportunity to dispute the returned item so decided against it

Well theres not much else you can do other than trying to punt it on for the same as you paid but in this climate you may struggle.

Did you pay via PayPal?

I'll give you £150 for it ?

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well theres not much else you can do other than trying to punt it on for the same as you paid but in this climate you may struggle.

Did you pay via PayPal?

I'll give you £150 for it ?

Ye paid via PayPal but I see they have now removed that option on the golf depot website

I am in no rush to sell to be honest. Ideally I am looking to get the Mavrik Max which is what I actually placed the order for but he sent me the standard one instead

D

Deleted member 1740

Ye paid via PayPal but I see they have now removed that option on the golf depot website

I am in no rush to sell to be honest. Ideally I am looking to get the Mavrik Max which is what I actually placed the order for but he sent me the standard one instead

if you send it recorded to be signed for by a courier you’ll be able to open a dispute via PayPal and you’ll get your money back.

it'll cost you the carriage charge though.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
if you send it recorded to be signed for by a courier you’ll be able to open a dispute via PayPal and you’ll get your money back.

it'll cost you the carriage charge though.

Ye I am pretty much guaranteed a profit on it if I go down the eBay route so will maybe do that when courses open again and people are back playing

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I was reading this thread my Cobra King F7 Driver was delivered AS ORDERED + a TM Headcover & and extra shaft, £49.99 well spent I think !!

Now all I want is to go try it out

peld

Visit site
So parcel force have just delivered my second golf depot order and I am again very impressed.

Adidas code chaos shoes in grey (I had ordered white but he called and asked to change to grey)
Sunderland Jacket (I ordered the Vancouver but he didn't have my size, so gave me the more expensive Quebec jacket)
Adidas polo, and he threw in a second one free (either by mistake or good will)

Pictures here

I have therefore spent £330 in two orders (order above plus an M6 driver and M6 3 Wood). An Internet search of the best prices for each item adds up to £630. It might be rather odd service but money talks so I'm quite happy.

D

Deleted member 18588

So parcel force have just delivered my second golf depot order and I am again very impressed.

Adidas code chaos shoes in grey (I had ordered white but he called and asked to change to grey)
Sunderland Jacket (I ordered the Vancouver but he didn't have my size, so gave me the more expensive Quebec jacket)
Adidas polo, and he threw in a second one free (either by mistake or good will)

Pictures here

I have therefore spent £330 in two orders (order above plus an M6 driver and M6 3 Wood). An Internet search of the best prices for each item adds up to £630. It might be rather odd service but money talks so I'm quite happy.

Good to hear and the price is certainly sharp.

I have just purchased the same two clubs via the internet for £395 but I did specifically want the Tensei Blue shaft. Still better than £630.

But, unfortunately, I will not use Golf Depot due to a previous experience.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good to hear and the price is certainly sharp.

I have just purchased the same two clubs via the internet for £395 but I did specifically want the Tensei Blue shaft. Still better than £630.

But, unfortunately, I will not use Golf Depot due to a previous experience.

Hi can I ask what was the bad experience you had with them for you to not want to use them again?

D

Deleted member 18588

Hi can I ask what was the bad experience you had with them for you to not want to use them again?

Would rather not go into detail on an open forum but having read your posts on this subject I can say that my issue is not the same as yours.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So heres a round up of my recent orders with Golf Depot for those interested.

1) TM M6 hybrid - Arrived with sky marks and in pretty awful condition - no mention of it being ex demo when ordered etc
2) Gloves, Shoes, FJ Top- all ok apart from the FJ top was a diff colour and size so will need to be returned.
3) TM M6 wood and driver - payment taken, no shipping confirmation and no correspondence regarding this despite several emails
4) Mizuno SC irons - again payment taken and no response to emails.

As many are saying its pot luck EG my FJ shoes are a bargain but lots of issues with everything else.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Order from GD is now 2 weeks old. I tried calling 5 times yesterday, no call was answered. Have sent another email, but expect nothing to come back. Expect I'll be needing to go the refund route by the payment operator.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
...so based on the last 2 posts, I won't even bother looking at the website! :)

I hadn't bought from them before, however - ordered Tuesday - confirmed by Golf Depot on Wednesday - Delivered today by Parcelforce. Plus an extra shaft and a headcover (not matching but I'm not concerned with that.

I can only speak of my experience which is I have received very good service at an incredible price.