I am a five handicap with a few problems

03powellcha

Hacker
Visit site
not at the moment but look at some of my other videos on youtube that are connected to my account. i will have a video from down the line tomorow

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
When did you last have coaching/lesson?

Incidentally, do you know your clubhead speed? I'm intrigued...

You have some impressive lag and decent timing.....are you sure 250 is the limit?

What shafts do you have, also? (spotted one or two things here)

03powellcha

Hacker
Visit site
Well when im swinging well my swing speed gets up to 100mph or when i try and swing fast 105mph. I use stiff shafted blades (titleist 695mb) and a titleist d2 driver with a diamana stiff shaft. the one swing i have on youtube thats down the line is really old and its nothing like my swing now i was off 14 then.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm intrigued now....

Look at this.

5hcapno4.jpg

Being young and fit, one has to ask where all the power has gone, as it's not being wasted on the way down.....not in that position.

t.b.h. at first, I though "oh, I recognise that swing"....peculiar late cock of the wrists, somehow unconnected body movement, narrow stance, floppy hips, but on second look, I'm not so sure.

What I do know is that it's amazing that you can hit the ball from this position. It's as if "here's a good swing in action, but where is the ball?" doesn't "look" quite as I'm used to. Not a swing I recognise from watching hours and hours with my old pro.......

If there had been something I'd seen before, I'd be ready to comment, but better to wait for someone else or go for a video lesson with a good coach.

Good luck.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
what do you mean when you say where is the ball? and what is it that is so different.

That's what I'm trying to grasp. Until I do, my explanation would be messy and unhelpful.

I'll try and take a clip off youtube of a swing I know and post it for you to see.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Not really got anything to add myself, your swing looks far too good for me to suggest anything.

But I looked at your youtube stuff and quite liked the look of this lad.

plus4kid.jpg

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Best I can do with a like for like with your swing.

03powell.jpg

You seem just a tad cramped in comparison. Probably nothing important.

Tricky to watch youtube in slowmo, but I wondered, if you are sure you're not 100% happy with your swing, if you got a perfect weight transfer on the way back ?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking at it your weight does not go anywhere on your back swing that will affect both the things you are complaining about (timing & power)

Hmm, that's something that I was wondering.

When you watch a good swing in slow mo, no matter what, you always feel that the player is "behind" the ball and IS going to hit it. With this swing (which IS impressive i.m.o.) it's as if everything is kind of "in front" at impact. That's what I meant about the ball......if the ball was further forward (it may just be the angle of course) in relation to the swing, it would look the business.

I'd be surprised if the odd ball doesn't pop up dramatically, certainly, I can only see a downward strike being the most likely outcome with a driver, unless the ball is way out on or even level with the toes of the left foot.

Driving requires good launch conditions (don't we all know it!) and it's mystery why those of us with 90-95 mph can get up to 250, and this chap (with a young and athletic action) is seemingly struggling.

Just my pennies worth (or 10p!)

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Looking at it your weight does not go anywhere on your back swing that will affect both the things you are complaining about (timing & power)

That's pretty much what I was trying to imply, but I was trying to be a bit more subtle about it though, :)

03powellcha

Hacker
Visit site
i actually went to a sort of stack and tilt swing for a

while because i was getting too shallow and a wasnt taking

a divot. Maybe ive still got too much of it still in my

swing ill try and work on getting my head further behind

the ball at impact.

Cheers.

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
Nothing wrong with stack and tilt in my opinion. You can generate huge power very efficiently despite no weight transfer back.

My swing is pants by comparison to yours but I can hit my driver about the same distance.

Do you mind me asking how old you are? Your power issues may be due to the fact that your body is still developing. Have you seen that Stiggy Hodgson (think that's his name!) swing? It looks shocking but he adapted his swing to add more power as he was smaller than his competitors.