I am a five handicap with a few problems

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I still can't see much wrong with it - I'd swap tomorrow.

and I know nothing about stack and tilt.

But this was the image that even slightly caused me concern

03p2.jpg

Don't see that that would take much sorting if it is a problem anyway.

What does your pro say ?

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
lets stick to constructive replies guys.

C'mon Brendy, less of the mod stick, please.

There's no way the reply you've modded was offensive. It was obviously a joke.

Obviously you need to step in sometimes, but it should be a case of less is more.

This IS a public forum, we should be allowed to make jokes. If you find Arrabella Weir's comedy offensive I'd suggest the fault is with you, not the original poster.

If these threads are overmodded, the forum will lose members, not gain them.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I'm sure that the mods have had a bit of a time of it recently, and I understand that they don't have the 'tools' to be fully effective at what they do. You also have to bear in mind that they have an impossible task. When is humour sliding into insults and all that. The mods have also volunteered to do this. When there are inexcess of 200 plus post each evening, do you really think that want to pm individuals, when all they want to do is enjoy the comments, not 'mark' them!

Mind you. I get the impression that some on here enjoy a heated debate, some that don't know when to stop, and some that like to watch from the sidelines chanting 'fight, fight, fight, like school boys in the playground but not risk getting involved.

I did volunteer to be a mod. TBH, I'm glad I'm not (I'm sure I can hear a cheer from somewhere!).

The mods have a difficult 'job' but even more so when tensions are running high and more and more posts are inflamatory.

I perhaps think that some mods are trying to be pro-active in addressing these potential issues early. Rather than having to deal with an almighty mess afterwards. Sometimes it might be too early, sometimes not. But you try judging it from their perspective.

Just be glad that you're not having to do it! ;)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cheers hapless. The fact is this is a genuine thread asking for help in the advice section, not a random post in the out of bounds area where posts are a little less likely to be moderated and banter is par for the course.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Ok, in this case I was wrong, and I apologise for that.

Just a small suggestion though. If the op has made the request, then a note to make that clear would be less open to misinterpretation.

I know modding is a thankless task, but I am definately one of those that thinks modding should be as minimal, and as clear as possible. I am absolutely sure that no malice was intended with the original post, and the post was removed at the thread poster's request. So why not just say that ?

I still say there ain't much wrong with that swing, though. :p

T

thecraw

I'm intrigued now....

Look at this.

5hcapno4.jpg

Being young and fit, one has to ask where all the power has gone, as it's not being wasted on the way down.....not in that position.

t.b.h. at first, I though "oh, I recognise that swing"....peculiar late cock of the wrists, somehow unconnected body movement, narrow stance, floppy hips, but on second look, I'm not so sure.

What I do know is that it's amazing that you can hit the ball from this position. It's as if "here's a good swing in action, but where is the ball?" doesn't "look" quite as I'm used to. Not a swing I recognise from watching hours and hours with my old pro.......

If there had been something I'd seen before, I'd be ready to comment, but better to wait for someone else or go for a video lesson with a good coach.

Good luck.

You crack me up!!!!

03powellcha

Hacker
Visit site
I have recently noticed that i seam to lock my left leg through impact and im not sure how to stop this from happening. I noticed it when my left knee started hurting ans i wondered why so i looked over some videos and it seems thats why.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks