Hungover golf!

• Thread starter Deleted member 1418
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1418

I should obviously do it more often as it works! After countless near misses over the 27 years I have been playing this wonderful game, I finally broke 70 today at Three Locks golf club. :whoo:First time I've ever played the course as well!

Myself and two friends enjoyed a very boozy evening in Harpenden last night following a highly enjoyable game with RickG at Alwickbury Park. We overslept, had to skip brekkie to dash to the course, made our tee time with two minutes to spare and I was actually quite pleased to be walking off the first green with a double bogey 6! :eek: I was really happy 8 holes later walking off the 9th green with my fourth birdie of the round, out in 33 and, 2 under the card! :)

I started to sober up a bit on the back 9 and the pressure started to kick in when I realised what could potentially happen! However I managed to keep it together really well and 2 bogeys, 1 birdie and 6 pars - including a downhill, left-to-right 15 footer at the last - meant that I was back in a 1 over 36 and signing for a 69! :whoo:The celebratory, hair of the dog Magners was very sweet indeed!!

Am now off for a well deserved lie down. :thup:

D

Deleted member 1418

Top shooting Paul, what dragged you up this way to play there?

Was supposed to be a golf weekend at Forest of Arden, but it all fell through and therefore a few of us just decided to have a night away anyway, a few beers and a couple of rounds. Rick recommended Three Locks. Nice place and an interesting course. Bar manager sorted us out with fantastic sausage and egg baps when we passed the clubhouse after the 6th!!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was supposed to be a golf weekend at Forest of Arden, but it all fell through and therefore a few of us just decided to have a night away anyway, a few beers and a couple of rounds. Rick recommended Three Locks. Nice place and an interesting course. Bar manager sorted us out with fantastic sausage and egg baps when we passed the clubhouse after the 6th!!

Foods usually good there, they tend to be more focussed on that than the golf course from what I hear, theyve lost a lot of members becasue of it. Not quite F of A either lol

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I don't drink too often but the one time I played golf following a crazy night the same thing happend to me. First tee I could barely see the ball but hit one of the straightest drives imaginable. I did fatigue later on in the round but I had a decent score at the end.

joer422

Assistant Pro
Visit site
don't be ridiculous hangover golf is the biggest wait of four hours a person can do only thing that makes you feel good about your round is the pints after. but good shooting although I wouldn't recommend making hangover golf a habit!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Last time you had a hang over we met up at lunch time, I had played 18, you'd done zip. One of us was looking good. One looked like a sack of 'stuff'. Stunned that you pulled the rabbit out of the hat.

Nice score. Well done. Don't do it again.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice to see the diets still going mate.
Great round well played.
All this favorite for Backmoor swapping.
Theres only one winner and his name begins with a P

D

Deleted member 1418

Last time you had a hang over we met up at lunch time, I had played 18, you'd done zip. One of us was looking good. One looked like a sack of 'stuff'. Stunned that you pulled the rabbit out of the hat.

Nice score. Well done. Don't do it again.

:rofl::rofl:What - the score or the drinking?!!!

D

Deleted member 1418

Well done mate......obviously the greens must have been a bit easier than at my place!!!!:clap:

It was all the practice I had at your place that did it!! But yes, they were easier, but still pretty quick. Does help though if you're putting from 20 feet and under on virtually every green! Remembered yesterday evening that my double at the first included 4 attempts on the dancefloor from 25 feet :eek:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
No chance; will just be having too much of a laugh with James!!

Well played Paul, it should have happened many years ago considering the quality of your play.

Not sure we'll be having many laughs as I plan to spend most of my time in the trees... or asleep whilst you rack up a boring 40+ points :whistle: