Motocaddy S1 speeds?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bought a 2nd hand S1 about a month ago, yesterday was the first time I was able to use it.

It's the 2017 model. Speed settings are 1-9. Found that 4-5 were my normal walking pace, anything below that was too slow for me. Did wonder if it was the softish turf slowing it down, but tried it in the car park afterwards and it was much the same. Does that sound right?

Lithium battery was fully charged before going out.

Genu9

Visit site
Bought a 2nd hand S1 about a month ago, yesterday was the first time I was able to use it.

It's the 2017 model. Speed settings are 1-9. Found that 4-5 were my normal walking pace, anything below that was too slow for me. Did wonder if it was the softish turf slowing it down, but tried it in the car park afterwards and it was much the same. Does that sound right?

Have you got winter wheels on it? There is a slight noticableble difference.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have you got winter wheels on it? There is a slight noticableble difference.
Not yet. I wanted to give it a decent test before buying any accessories for it.

One thing I thought was a bit odd - I took the wheels off so that it fitted better in the car boot. When I put them back on, I accidentally put the right wheel on the left side, and vice versa. when the trolley wouldn't move under its own steam, I realised I had put them on the wrong way round.

I would have thought there would be a symbol or something to stop you doing that as it's an easy mistake to make?

Springveldt

Visit site

Sounds about right. I've got to set my M1 to 7 (and always have) to keep pace with the others in my group. I do have a lot of crap in my bag as well though, so it's quite heavy.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sounds about right. I've got to set my M1 to 7 (and always have) to keep pace with the others in my group. I do have a lot of crap in my bag as well though, so it's quite heavy.
It does make me wonder what's the point of the lower settings? I've played with some slow people, but none of them are as slow as 1-3 :D

Albo

Visit site
My M1 I usually have at at 5 or 6.
I use 1/2 if I want my trolly to keep going while I’m doing something else, picking a ball up out of the rough stopping to write a score or whatever, it doesn’t get too far away while I’m busy.
I sporadically use 7/8/9 if I’m rushing round the course or playing through other groups