How's this for a complaint!?

GMAC88

Head Pro
Visit site
Went to AG last week to pick up some shoes my either had ordered online from Hong Kong. The confirmation email from American Golf said leave 48 hrs, which we did. I the spent 45 minutes in store whilst the assistant tried to locate the order. Nothing. He called internet shopping team, and then never called me back. My brother then emailed to see what the deal was, and was told to collect them anytime from Saturday. I went tonight, still nothing."Oh they are out of stock" I was told, despite the email saying they would be delivered on Saturday. Below is the email my brother has sent to complain!

Dear Sir/Madam,

For the second time I have made the journey to your East Kilbride store to collect the order below. I was told the order would be delivered on Saturday and now on Wednesday the item is still not in store. The two journeys are a big inconvenience, especially as fuel is nearly worth it's weight in gold. This is merely a material item however, but what I won't get back is my time. Normally I watch Hollyoaks on week nights and as I stopped in to your store at around 4pm all looked well, I'd get my new shoes, watch the best soap on TV and then hit the links for a few holes in my new moodies. That dream was shattered as your colleague told me what I didn't want to hear, my beloved shoes hadn't been delivered, even though I'd been promised that they had been dispatched. Using Sherlock Holmes style powers of deduction, we realised that there had obviously been something gone wrong, or someone telling porkies. The store assistant managed to locate a pair at another store and half an hour later I left the shop needing to return yet again at a point in the future to pick up the shoes. That half an hour was the difference, I hit rush hour traffic and missed Hollyoaks, thank goodness for C4+1. I'll never get that thirty minutes back.

Please cancel this order and DO NOT TRY TO TAKE ANY MONEY!!!

The whole situation casts a sorry light on your online shopping system. There are lots of alternatives to your store and I will have to think carefully in future whether I use your shop before any others after the inconvenience a simple pair of shoes has cost me.

I await your response.

Regards,

nemicu

Head Pro
Visit site
So...are you more upset about your shoes or missing Hollyoaks?
Why not ask them to just give you a call once they're in? Or if you really have to use online ordering - here's an idea: have them delivered to your house.

GMAC88

Head Pro
Visit site
They were ordered by my brother, who lives in Hong Kong, and has had issues with things being delivered to my parents house.

nemicu

Head Pro
Visit site
Nothing like doing things the hard way is there?
If your brother in HK really wanted you to have a pair of golf shoes, then why not just transfer the money over and let you buy what you like? Heck - you can even try them on before you buy that way and pick a style you like.
It doesn't sound like your brother is the only one with "issues". Try sorting your life out rather than seeking the awkward way to perform a straightforward and simple task. As you've probably guessed, I bear you no sympathy whatsoever.

C

c1973

Helluva drive from Hong Kong to East Kilbride, no wonder he missed Hollyoaks. :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Regardless of how he has ordered that doesn't excuse the poor service which I'm guessing is the reason for the thread

It is poor customers service from AG and you every right to complain

Think the Hollyoaks thing was prob a bit silly but understand the reasons

GMAC88

Head Pro
Visit site
Sort my life out? They were for him, and I was picking u up. Jeeso. I thought the sarcastic nature of his email was funny!!

nemicu

Head Pro
Visit site
Sort my life out? They were for him, and I was picking u up. Jeeso. I thought the sarcastic nature of his email was funny!!

Like I said - no sympathy. There are literally thousands other places you or your brother could (and maybe should) have used between Scotland and Hong Kong (where they are probably made) where it is a lot easier and more convenient to buy golf shoes. Over-complicated problems to easy solutions perhaps? Where does your brother buy his socks from? Finland?

D

Deleted member 15344

Like I said - no sympathy. There are literally thousands other places you or your brother could (and maybe should) have used between Scotland and Hong Kong (where they are probably made) where it is a lot easier and more convenient to buy golf shoes. Over-complicated problems to easy solutions perhaps? Where does your brother buy his socks from? Finland?

Believe you have missed the point by a long way

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I ordered 3 golf shirts from AG two weeks ago.......................................................................................still waiting