HowDidiDo

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning all,
I know that our comp scores are sent via the club and put onto HowDidiDo but can you enter your own scores?
Only asking as if social rounds are to be counted I know my club probably won't have time to enter them all. What are other places doing?

Cheers

Midnight.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, you could always enter your own score in HowDidIDo. You click on Today's Golf in the top right corner. If you're going to enter a social round for handicap purposes though, you have to make the club aware of it before you tee off. I think you can do that by signing into HDID as well but I'm not sure.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, you could always enter your own score in HowDidIDo. You click on Today's Golf in the top right corner. If you're going to enter a social round for handicap purposes though, you have to make the club aware of it before you tee off. I think you can do that by signing into HDID as well but I'm not sure.

Thank you for that mate. ???? So not every round has to count?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Useful info there, thanks.
Our club are letting you book in before your competition round , and enter your scores afterwards.
I've got HDIDO on my desktop , do I need the HDIDO app on my I phone to do it on that. ( sounds a daft question, but not techy)
TIA

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you 'sign in' for what ClubV1 caption as a 'Casual Round', does this not count as pre-declaring what is correctly entitled a General Play round which is a handicap scoring round?
I am looking at the ClubV1 dashboard which appears to be the same as HDID app on my phone.

Edit: I'm pretty sure signing in for a 'Casual Round' automatically generates a prompt to the h'cap sec to require scores to be entered later for handicapping.
I tried it and got a call from the h'cap sec a couple of days later asking where my 'supplementary' score was.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you 'sign in' for what ClubV1 caption as a 'Casual Round', does this not count as pre-declaring what is correctly entitled a General Play round which is a handicap scoring round?
I am looking at the ClubV1 dashboard which appears to be the same as HDID app on my phone.

Edit: I'm pretty sure signing in for a 'Casual Round' automatically generates a prompt to the h'cap sec to require scores to be entered later for handicapping.
I tried it and got a call from the h'cap sec a couple of days later asking where my 'supplementary' score was.
Yea, I'm pretty sure our Club Sec in the email about it said you can sign in through the app and then enter your score afterwards.

I feel like that could be abused though. You could have a great round teeing off at 8am, decide that you want it to count for handicap after all, then at 12pm sign-in to the app, and enter your score at 4pm. Couldn't you?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yea, I'm pretty sure our Club Sec in the email about it said you can sign in through the app and then enter your score afterwards.

I feel like that could be abused though. You could have a great round teeing off at 8am, decide that you want it to count for handicap after all, then at 12pm sign-in to the app, and enter your score at 4pm. Couldn't you?
You obviously know a few cheats.:eek: I would never have thought of that :censored:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not at my club where the tee times are booked with a different entity altogether.

Same here, we book on BRS, and score enter on HDIDO. Still easy for the handicap sec to cross reference who played when, or I could just make up a card without even playing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have to enter (comps) via HDID usually on the terminals in the clubhouse (the handicap secretary entering us during Covid) and it is then easy to police. We have had people (yes me too) who failed to enter before going out and tried to enter when they came back in. Pretty sure the system won't let them enter a score or if it does it flags that the entry wasn't made in PSI (and so DQ as its an entry requirement)