How much would you pay for a custom fit?

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Was having a look at the Adams range this evening and saw some info about the Second Shot centre at Wentworth. It's the only custom fit centre I think Adams have in the UK...but it's £100 for a one hour session! Would you pay a ton to get fitted for a hybrid - not mention the cost to get to the centre in the first place! Over at the TM centre it's 100 notes for a driver and 200 for a full bag.

Not sure what other manufacturers charge but would be interested to know. At a local level I know many take the cost of the fitting off the clubs but is there that much difference at the national centres?

Not planning on getting fit any time soon - but those prices would put me off.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've only paid for one at Royal Lytham and that was a minimal amount that came off the Driver I bought. The numerous fittings I had for my irons, driver and putter (including Sam Lab) with my Pro were all free. Also had two free fittings at another place again for free.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
So how much have you paid for lessons in the last 12 months? :)

£40 as a birthday treat but I've only had one as I've not been playing ;) Got one booked in for next week as I come back to golf and have set up some short game practice targets in the garden...

I've always prioritised lessons over equipment but if I did decide to change and wanted to get a couple of hybrids for example to pay £100 to get fitted seems really steep...

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
£100 for a 2 hr session but I'd want all the tech kit and lots, I mean lots of options. Something along the Mark Crossfield type of set up and input

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I find the whole thing a bit bizarre.

You'd like to buy a suit sir? Certainly. Now, you can have that one there on the rack, but if you want me to measure you and pick one that fits, it's £50 extra.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The pro at our range has had infinite patience with me on my recent purchase.

He spent 45 mins mocking up and changing a club on the range just for me to have a try of, as he watched. He then gave me a good hour on his launch monitor and then, when we narrowed down to two shafts, a session again on the range. After that he mocked up some similar other Mizuno heads to try the contrast with the JPX's and then he arranged for one of his pals to let me hit his (similar set up) clubs through from 5 to p/w on the range to see how they all felt rather than just relying on a 6 iron

Good man, and he got his order and no extra charge!

farfaeforfar

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My fitting for irons, driver and woods was £45. Took 3hours but was dropped as I ordered and paid for my sticks there and then.

D

Deleted member 15344

depends what type of guarantee they give if they get it wrong

Get it wrong ?

As with most custom fits you can have check ups over the next year or so

But at the end of the day they can only custom fit for the swing on the day

If you swing different the next day then they wouldn't have got it "wrong"

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I find the whole thing a bit bizarre.

You'd like to buy a suit sir? Certainly. Now, you can have that one there on the rack, but if you want me to measure you and pick one that fits, it's £50 extra.

How about....

We'll measure some of you and point you to a range of ready made suits in pretty much your size for free.

But if you want one that fits perfectly and is exactly the material, quality, colour and style you are after, that'll be £50 extra!

The second method is what I understand as Custom Fitting. The first method is simply 'Fitting'. Both methods happen with Golf and some places call the first method 'Custom Fitting'!

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I spent 90 min for a driver / woods / irons fitting at PING HQ in Gainsbourgh - booked through my club Pro and followed from a couple of hours with the asst. pro to narrow down on Ping. No charge at all and clubs comprable price to internet. Great service and deal.

I did pay £40 for a 90 min SAM Putt Lab session recently as we've currenrtly not go this at club and I wanted to do this but that was really 30 min advice and 60 min putting coaching so I thought that was fair.

Back to original Q, £100 to fit hybrid - get stuffed. Crazy money (unless refunded if you buy and set at this level to discourage tyre kickers in which case sort of logical but would thought they're want product in hand so still doesn't make sense to me!).