How much is too much golf

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The year my son was born I think I played a total 12 times, combination of comps and the odd 9 holes.

Last year when comps started again I played most weekends as I was working from home and the wife was on furlough so we were having lots of extra family time and I thought it worked well. Wife wasn't so thrilled with me playing most weekend by the end of the season. So you do need to manage expectations better from the outset.

Our second is due soon and I have decided not to join a club this year as I really don't see the point in paying the money for how little I'll play. There's no way I can get out the house for 4 hours and leave her with two, no matter how little it may be. I play to get to the range a few times a month to keep things ticking over and just accept that my game will go backwards for a year or two.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Always been an issue in relationships for me, and is exacerbated if your partner doesn’t have a hobby. I got such grief about playing golf that I didn’t even enjoy the time I did get to spend on the golf course, frankly it wasn’t worth the fire and fury.

This graph always makes me laugh ? you can literally see the exact round of golf where I became a single man and was able to enjoy my golf, and play twice a week ?

View attachment 35824

You should of done what my brother used to do on a Friday he would put his clubs in his work van and make on he was working but would play golf instead?

I know what you mean by fire and fury his misses does not like golf and their 2 sons are adults.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I broached the subject this morning - with my missus due in 10 weeks I wanted to try and get a feel for the lay of the land ?.

She says it all depends on how the baby is, if its easy - it's sleeping well, has a steady enough routine etc - then she's happy for me to get out at weekends and on Friday afternoons when I finish early.

We'll see what happens in reality! I imagine she'll be pretty relaxed about it. She's from a really sporty family and her dad, step dad and brother are all single figure golfers so she's used to the men im the family disappearing for half a day every weekend!