How much better are the pros?

S

Snelly

A friend of mine goes to Sawgrass every year with a group of Sussex pros and they play in the Pro-Am immediately after the TPC. The club pros play off the same tees as the tour boys.

My mate has been for about four years in a row and in that time, he has only ever seen one club pro break 90. One year, no-one broke 95 and the weekend before, Davis Love had shot 65 off the same tees!

The difference between the top tour pros and a club pro is colossal. However, I don't think there is a huge difference between club pros and scratch golfers. Also am surprised to read the opinion that someone off +4 is considered to be miles better than a scratch player. Not sure about that one. Not enough +4 players to make a meaningful statistic or pattern in my view.

jeffc

Head Pro
Visit site
as in all sports they are in a different galaxy.
When I played amateur footbal was fortunate to play against a few low division ex pros, they ripped my lungs out trying to keep up with them, they jumped three foot higher and it was like chasing pigeons when they had the ball.
I don't expect golf to be any different and basically even if I had tour pros coaching, equipment, time, practise etc may be I would be a better golfer but I believe I would still get spanked by at least 20 shots on my course.