How many times do I need to be told?!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
My game has been a bit up & down since the lockdown finished so I eventually made time to make the 30 mile trip to Matfen Hall to see my Plane Truth coach. The way the lesson went had a very familiar ring to it as he recited more or less exactly what he told me the last time I visited him. By the end of the lesson I was hitting it really well. The main thing I got out of it was understanding the difference between steepening the swing, which I need to do, & swinging outside the line, which is a mistake I've been making on & off for a long time.

At one point he got out his phone & said "Here's a video I did of you in 2013". It looked remarkably like the swing I was using at the end of the lesson.

I'm hitting it really well now & am going to write down the details & refer to them every now & then. Cheaper & more convenient than travelling 60 miles to be told what you already know!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My game has been a bit up & down since the lockdown finished so I eventually made time to make the 30 mile trip to Matfen Hall to see my Plane Truth coach. The way the lesson went had a very familiar ring to it as he recited more or less exactly what he told me the last time I visited him. By the end of the lesson I was hitting it really well. The main thing I got out of it was understanding the difference between steepening the swing, which I need to do, & swinging outside the line, which is a mistake I've been making on & off for a long time.

At one point he got out his phone & said "Here's a video I did of you in 2013". It looked remarkably like the swing I was using at the end of the lesson.

I'm hitting it really well now & am going to write down the details & refer to them every now & then. Cheaper & more convenient than travelling 60 miles to be told what you already know!

I always keep notes on my lessons so I can refer back to them. I put down what the fault was (in my own eyes or based with what happened on the course) and then the fixes. At least when issues come back as mine tend to do I can see what we did last time and start there which usually sorts the problem

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
My Pro sent me a one line thought by Whats App on Friday evening ahead of a big comp the following morning.... played my best round for a while too! (and it was the same thing he always says)

...not sure if an invoice will follow, but it saved the drive to the range! :)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My Pro sent me a one line thought by Whats App on Friday evening ahead of a big comp the following morning.... played my best round for a while too! (and it was the same thing he always says)

...not sure if an invoice will follow, but it saved the drive to the range! :)

And the thought was? ..........

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

That's great. I think you certainly get to a point in golf where, barring a huge commitment to a swing change, you have a way of playing and just have to keep it consistent and strike the ball reasonably well.

Edit, I've had a chipping lesson a few times and get told the same thing. Imagine you are chipping up against a wall, take the club back along the wall and strike from there. I end up getting far too handsy and in to out, meaning you have to get the contact exactly spot on. Eventually go back to the way I've been taught and get instant results.