How many rounds before a ProV1 loses its qualities?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
:mad:
I hit it as hard as I can, and my wedge play, for a single figure handicapper, is crap, so it makes no difference.
Terrible comments though, for the friendly initial post that I intended.

Sometimes you need to go not by what it looks like but what it feels like to the touch. A 2 round old ball to me starts to feel very rough compared to a new ball and one of the things I notice very much at this time of year is how much the mud sticks to an old ball compared to a new ball and is one the things that makes me want change it.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sometimes you need to go not by what it looks like but what it feels like to the touch. A 2 round old ball to me starts to feel very rough compared to a new ball and one of the things I notice very much at this time of year is how much the mud sticks to an old ball compared to a new ball and is one the things that makes me want change it.
I had a wife like that

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I retire mine after 70-80 holes, I am using AD333 or Tour Softs , but it’s not because they feel much different , maybe a little softer . I do visit the odd bunker though and some won’t be splashing out they will be nipped out as clean as possible and that when you get a scuff.
I will say this, a ball with a few holes on it can be persuaded to go further than a new ball…or at least I feel it’s a more softer or relaxed ball ( this I put down to elasticity- I play close to the edge on compression)

Springveldt

Visit site
12 rounds is some going. I've just managed a personal best were I haven't lost a ball in 4 rounds and the thing is now battered to bits (Titleist AVX). I can't imagine what a ball that has been used for 12 rounds looks like.

D

Deleted member 3432

Used a ProV1 for the 1st time in years today.
No1 marketing hype in golf, felt like hitting a pudding.