how long does a premium ball last ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Why do you think cricketers scuff one side of the ball? To make it swing. They're only firing it 22yds. A drive is going 250, and with even a small scuff will swing. You may think you're hitting it with a fade but... is it a fade or is the drag on one side of the ball making it swing?

Interesting concept but one I don't think is comparable

A golf ball doesn't have a seam or a lacker on it or a smooth side which helps the air flow to help it swing

Today I played in a KO with a ball 4 rounds old - went round 5 under Gross to win 5&4

Even with little scuffs and marks they still perform well - people swapping after each round or even mid round over a little scuff clearly have more money than sense

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Why do you think cricketers scuff one side of the ball? To make it swing. They're only firing it 22yds. A drive is going 250, and with even a small scuff will swing. You may think you're hitting it with a fade but... is it a fade or is the drag on one side of the ball making it swing?

Yup, remember an article a while ago where they tested a scuffed ball against a cut ball and an out of shape ball. Scuffed ball had the greatest detrimental effect on flight, although it putted best of the three.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I found a Pro-V-1 today, good condition, and played it for the last 3 holes. 2 1/2 to be precise, it's in a lake now.

Anyway, on my short experience I didn't feel it played different to my AD333. I had one shot where I actually had to flop it onto the green, it even went high, but just like the 333 it just run of the other side. Likely more skill than ball, but I was hoping for it to be the solution to my problems.