lightbulb moment #1956

S

Snelly

Interesting viewing. Good thread.

I had a similar lightbulb moment a couple of weeks ago having watched a video of my swing from about seven years ago. There was a startling difference between then and now in terms of my position at the top of my backswing. My hands were a good six inches higher so much more of an upright plane.

I experimented with this and feel that the results are pretty similar to yours with a much better shoulder turn, pointing at the ball at the top of my backswing.

The results have been startling. My last three rounds have been +1, -1 and -2 gross. I have even managed to find a repeatable, controlled fade - something I have lacked for what seems like years.

I am itching to get back on the course. Sadly, snow stopped play today.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hows this going mate, Is it still the golden egg?

Ive had a few more since, todays was a beaut! Wonder what tomorrow will bring :rofl:

I still have this in mind but my main focus is on my backswing atm. Had my second leson and working damm hard trying to rid myself of my flat backswing. Mighty difficult.

Still have to do transition downswing and impact after i nail this move.

How hard can it be to take the club away like one henrick stenson? Very, is the answer. Especially if your swing looks more like miguel jimenez :(

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hows this going mate, Is it still the golden egg?

Ive had a few more since, todays was a beaut! Wonder what tomorrow will bring :rofl:

There good these lightbulb moments 🤔 💡😃

I had one the other week of keeping the shoulders out of the swing, today's gem was to keep the legs quiet. Only had a 9+52 but was crunching them.

Soon the only thing moving in my swing will be the arms 😂

Golf aint easy

Oh and dave la, you do know the feeling of keeping the hips and legs still is a swing thought of a young Tiger woods. He said they dont do that but its jist a feeling so they don't outrun the rest of his swing.

You were on to something there.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Light bulb moment #1957 wasn't far behind.

Ball striking has gone from hitting fats to some serious flush irons. Transferred through to woods. Hit some of the best 3 woods ever in my life.

Been told to watch henrick stenson's swing and watched this video of his swing thoughts. 1.15 to 1.29

He shifts onto his back foot. I decided to pre set this. Not so much of a big movement of weight but certainly feeling pressure set on my trail leg. Turn around this and drive.

Result has been a feeling of coiling up behind the ball. Ball turf contact has increased 10 fold. divots are much more shallow. Less pork chop, more bacon slice.

Tried it last few holes 3 games ago. Immediate results. Last two games been 8 and 6 over quite comfortably hitting the ball more solidly than I have in years.

Seems to reduce/ eliminate my reverse pivot.

Here is the stenson video. He does this all the time.

[video=youtube;PD4yTt_Lw6Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD4yTt_Lw6Q&t=1s[/video]

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Luke Donald - 55% weight should be on the right. thanks golf monthly.

[video=youtube;4aZlSgUBIeE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aZlSgUBIeE[/video]

Million videos saying 50/50 distribution. Plenty saying weight left stay left. This just makes me reverse pivot and hit monster divots.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This pro talks about different weight shifts.

The one I am doing is the pre load right side drivers weight shift. 3mins 49seconds in this video for a brief description.

Do not miss giving this a try. Absolutely brilliant.

[video=youtube;w6V8Rv2GuQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6V8Rv2GuQE[/video]

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I struggle a bit with transition and my fault is that I can end up way ahead of the ball and flipping the hands like crazy.

One of the best tips I have used is to have a slight pause at the top. then just bump the hips forward and turn. This along with trying to get the hands a bit higher has worked a treat. Last season was the straightest I have ever been off the tee.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Only problem with these small changes and light bulb moments is they can cause a problem elsewhere in the swing.

prob better to get prof advice to back any of this up

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Only problem with these small changes and light bulb moments is they can cause a problem elsewhere in the swing.

prob better to get prof advice to back any of this up

The proof is in the pudding. The difference is terms of quality of strike is unbelievable.

Currently having a series of lessons this winter. Next lesson is in 2 weeks. The pro will need to fight me off this way of loading. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

Put it this way.

Since incorporating this. I have maybe slightly mishit one iron shot per round compared to flushing only one iron shot per round and hitting the rest a bit meh.

Its been that good.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The proof is in the pudding. The difference is terms of quality of strike is unbelievable.

Currently having a series of lessons this winter. Next lesson is in 2 weeks. The pro will need to fight me off this way of loading. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

Put it this way.

Since incorporating this. I have maybe slightly mishit one iron shot per round compared to flushing only one iron shot per round and hitting the rest a bit meh.

Its been that good.

I've just found when you start talking weight shift its very easy to get wrong and start sliding and getting stuck.

I though i was shifting my weight quite well for some time, until i started getting lessons with my current pro..... i wasn't:(

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've just found when you start talking weight shift its very easy to get wrong and start sliding and getting stuck.

I though i was shifting my weight quite well for some time, until i started getting lessons with my current pro..... i wasn't:(

This isn't a shift of weight though. this is pre setting pressure applied to the ground at address. Adding to this by turning around it then driving off it towards the target.

Henrick does it as a slight lateral movement just before he swings as a swing trigger. All I am doing it pre setting this at address.

[video=youtube;sKBZt_lCEPk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKBZt_lCEPk[/video]

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;Vp_ikwUQg54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp_ikwUQg54[/video]

This wee man knows what he's doing.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;F63IuURhegA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F63IuURhegA[/video]

This is it explained in a nutshell. why start with weight pressure middle, shift it back then somehow have to try and get it back on the front foot?

As he says, start back, wind around it then you simply have only one way to go if you have any kind of decent golf movement.

Anyone tried this yet? I promise you, this makes so much sense its laughable.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is for all full shots. When I and the videos say driving it is describing the motion through the shot. Load up and drive weight and energy towards the target.

Just in from another round doing this and flushing everything. 6 over with 3 silly 3 putts thrown in.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone know a good spark? light bulb moment is basically a permanent lighting fixture.

Has no one actually tried this yet? pre-loading the right side that is.

Nephew was struggling recently on front 9 hanging back on some shots causing poor contact. I explained this to him and pretty much instantly was crushing the ball. 2 over back 9 flushing it.

Iron shot from range tonight.