How many Divisions do you have

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Our divisions are supposed to be dependent on the number of entries.
But in reality, they just seem to do it add hock when it suits.
I never know beforehand if a comp will be split into divisions, which is annoying.
I've moaned on here & to our H/C secretary about this, as I'm convinced & actually know some members (senior section) mainly are fiddling their handicaps big time.
The club in fairness also know it's going on, but knowing & proving are 2x different things.
It's got to the point now where I have stopped entering most of the comps & just play for fun.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Our divisions are supposed to be dependent on the number of entries.
But in reality, they just seem to do it add hock when it suits.
I never know beforehand if a comp will be split into divisions, which is annoying.
I've moaned on here & to our H/C secretary about this, as I'm convinced & actually know some members (senior section) mainly are fiddling their handicaps big time.
The club in fairness also know it's going on, but knowing & proving are 2x different things.
It's got to the point now where I have stopped entering most of the comps & just play for fun.
I don't understand why anyone thinks that committee's have to prove anything. It is not a criminal court so surely the balance probabilities is sufficient.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
I don't understand why anyone thinks that committee's have to prove anything. It is not a criminal court so surely the balance probabilities is sufficient.

No, not really.
Even though there is an awareness of the issue, there is a huge difference between that & proving it beyond doubt & I get the distinct impression that the committee really don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

I just think it's easier for them to ignore it.
Of course, the problem would largely be solved by them using divisions for every comp, which is what I would like.
It's hugely frustrating that this doesn't always happen.

Jason.H

Visit site
During the main golf season we have 3 divisions.
1 is up to 10
2 is up to 20
3 is the rest
We also have best gross for medals
Our last 4 comps this winter have been 1 division due to lower entrance numbers, needless to say all four were won by high handicappers ??

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The flip side is that members complain when the sweep pots are drastically reduced when it’s split between divisions.

I do lean toward divisions. I was more motivated to get in the lower division (sub 14) as I found I was coming in with a 40 to 43 and being beat by higher handicappers having a round of their life.

One side of me applauds their achievement. The other side is deflated at constantly losing with good scores.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The flip side is that members complain when the sweep pots are drastically reduced when it’s split between divisions.

I do lean toward divisions. I was more motivated to get in the lower division (sub 14) as I found I was coming in with a 40 to 43 and being beat by higher handicappers having a round of their life.

One side of me applauds their achievement. The other side is deflated at constantly losing with good scores.

This is exactly why its being proposed at my club - Fingers crossed it gets voted in