How many birdies

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Just had a dig through my old records.

6 is my maximum. Still shot over par ?

4 is the most this year in an up and down round of 77.

My best round this year is a 75 that contained no birdies, but the worst score was a bogie.

The best round I’ve ever had was at a very windy Woodhall Hills in Leeds playing in a scratch comp where I had 1 birdie, 1 bogie and 16 pars.

Good scores are about keeping doubles off the card not making loads of birdies.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I had three in 6 holes bacl when i was playing off 23h/cap, real isolated instance (i'd say on my day I could beat Rory) but its usually one every handful of rounds

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had a dig through my old records.

6 is my maximum. Still shot over par ?

4 is the most this year in an up and down round of 77.

My best round this year is a 75 that contained no birdies, but the worst score was a bogie.

The best round I’ve ever had was at a very windy Woodhall Hills in Leeds playing in a scratch comp where I had 1 birdie, 1 bogie and 16 pars.

Good scores are about keeping doubles off the card not making loads of birdies.
True that. I don't think I've ever had a round without a double bogey, unless there was one I've forgotten. I know that more than once I have had just one double on the 17th. Infuriating. :LOL:

peld

Visit site
Albeit in match play, i once went Birdie, Par, Birdie, Birdie, Eagle to be 5 under for the first 5 holes, which is probably my best run

(gave the 5 shots back on 7,8,9 and lost the tie on the 18th!)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I was a Cat 3 golfer the most birdies I had in one round was six. Don’t remember the exact holes but it was three in a row on the front nine and another three in a row on the back nine. Most ever since then is seven, which included the last six holes in a row. Alas, it doesn’t seem to happen anymore.

John Evans 9

Visit site
My best competition round was at Silloth-on-Solway some years ago. 4 birdies and 2 bogeys for a round of 70 ( -2 ). Hit 16 greens in regulation - but I was only in my sixties then. It doesn’t happen any more, unfortunately

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played Wednesday evening and started birdie, birdie, par. However, the golfing gods soon remembered I was a 20 handicap and made me throw in a few blobs in the next few holes. Still finished with 38 points so happy overall