How many cards do you put in?

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
......approx 30 medals.........

Wow 30 monthly medals!!! I know it's grim up north but don't the years drag on!!! :D ;)

LOL. Yes, the term "monthly medal" has always been a mystery to us. We play 4 qualifying rounds + final/subsidiary for each of 5 board comps from April-October (the last final is this Saturday). That's 25, then we have a couple of "on the day" board comps, a 36 hole open and another 4 medals on Wednesdays in June. The rest of the Wednesdays are Stableford. I bet there aren't many clubs in the country that play more.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
5-day member so only have the Wednesday medal. Since the beginning of the year I've only got six recorded.
Took a while to remember why I've missed four, away January, snow February, floods March, and April they changed the day to suit 6 people (captain and committee) who were playing elsewhere.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I get the impression from the above posts that only competition cards count towards handicap after the initial three. I submitted the three required cards when i joined in February but haven't taken part in any comps.

As from next year, you have to play in 3 competitions to keep your handicap active. If you don't you handicap becomes dormant, and you can't win anything until you put 3 cards in again.

My club introduced the ruling this year, just to get everyone into the swing of it. They posted names on the notice board of all the members with less than 3 comps in the last year, and there was over 300 names on it.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Its a great idea, one to stop true bandits just rolling up for the club big ones and winning everything on false handicaps, also the added bonus of stopping SOME retired folks who play everyday midweek and don't enter comps whilst playing off 27 handicap ;)

We had this problem where people can join the club for £90 subs and turn up when they wanted to. You had 19 handicapers winning when their private clubs hcp was about 12, most have been kicked out now but bloody anoying.