How many 'Acceptable scores for H/cap' have you played this past season'?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
90 cards.
As far as I'm concerned they're all competition cards as I'm always playing against someone, always played to the rules and I'm always trying my best so I make no distinction.
Plus I can't be bothered to go though them all....

Springveldt

Visit site
Since the 1st April this year.

1. 3.0
2. 28
3. 6 (3 at home course, 3 at away courses).

Easily the most GP cards I’ve put in in a season since the start of WHS, it’s usually 0 or 1.

Swango1980

Visit site

Not sure about other 2, as MyEG doesn't tell me competition rounds. So, 56 Acceptable scores in total

However, looking at My Scores on howdidido, my Competition Rounds were around 21, meaning GP scores 35

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh yes..... I maybe should have picked a start month as if Jim comes on it'll be some big numbers. I guess most will be from late May early June as most courses were very late getting back to Q.
Oh. Well I answered for calendar year since I play all year round, so I don't really think of golf being in 'seasons'.

Actually, having said that, I just looked again and my first round on my record this year was in April anyway. 😄 I hadn't started putting all my GP rounds in yet.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I play all year round so here's two sets of answers, one for the last 12 months and one for 2024 only:

1. HI 16.7
2. 7 competition rounds (5 in 2024)
3. 16 general play rounds (15 in 2024)

I've played >46 rounds in total (>39 in 2024) but most of my golf is pairs or team and only once has a pairs betterball card been good enough to get on my handicap record.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
By this season you mean this calendar year?

5 competition rounds.
18 GP rounds.
The weird thing is, I've just checked 2023 and I played 15 competition rounds that year. And there is no specific reason for the difference that I can think of. (I will probably play a couple more this year to take me to 7-ish but still a big difference.)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Seen this a few times. What does ‘Rammel’ mean?
Bloody rubbish, eg my scores are rammel.

Rammel is a dialectal word in England that has multiple meanings, including:
  • Underbrush
  • Trash
  • Hard, barren soil

Rammel is used in the regional dialects of northern and midlands England, as well as in Scottish English. It has also been used in forestry, mining, soil science, and plants. The word is now obsolete and was last recorded around the 1800s.

I never knew it was used in mining.