How long would you wait on the 10th.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't you just replicate the same problem on the 1st tee where people that started on the 10th are turning? I can't see any upside in a 2 tee start.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At Knebworth there's no tee booking and you can start on the 1st, or the 10th after 8am. But you filter in when you get to your back 9.

But you do get some disapproving looks, and comments sometimes, if you've gone off the 10th and are now filtering into the 1st when a big swindle is going off and they've been waiting a while to go anyway. Especially Sat\Sun AM. They usually have to put a marshal on the 1st to avoid any unpleasantness.

But expecting folks to pause a round for 1.5h is idiocy of the highest order !

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Either alternate or only allow people to tee Off of from the 10th for the first 2 hours (or until people start to turn for the back nine). Expecting people who are mid-round to go to the back of the queue is ridiculous.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any course that I've played that allows staing on the 10th usually either gives preference to those coming from the 9th or you alternate .
I've never heard of 10th tee starters being given priority.

Something has gone very wrong there!

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, and I get peed off with the alternating system at ours - that's seriously messed up and wrong, I've seen places with a 10th tee booking system that automatically puts you in on the 10th 1.5-2 hours later when you book the 1st, surely that's what's needed at that place.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dont think they were playing in a comp

I get that, but if this kind of wait is 'normal' at that club I wonder how they manage comp days (or do they run things differently with a 1 tee start)

It'd be irritating enough on a one-off casual round with mates but unbearable in a comp (especially if you tore up the front 9!) :eek:oo:

Is it a 9 hole course?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Don't you just replicate the same problem on the 1st tee where people that started on the 10th are turning? I can't see any upside in a 2 tee start.

Lots of benefits I find. We can seperate 2 and 3 and fourballs on different sides of the course so that you probably won't be a 2 ball stuck behind 5 x fourballs who won't let you through. Also we can have a match/ society on one side of the course but still allow others to tee off the other side and barely meet as well as have 9 hole games contained on one side of the course

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think that we have basically stopped our twin tee start as it was causing too much disruption and pain, maybe it is OK during the week but only on checking with the Pro Shop to see if there would be any roll-ups or societies heading up towards the 9th when a group might be looking to start their round on the 10th. But at weekends and other busy times - no 10th tee start

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In previous club the rule was that when starting on the 10th groups alternated.

If the balls of a group coming up the 9th were all on the green, then they got priority over a group ready to start on the 10th. If the group on the 10th were clear ahead to play then they could, but they had to stand aside as soon as the group playing the 9th were ready to tee off. If the balls of a group on the 9th were not all on the green then a group on the 10th could tee off and they did not have to let the group playing the 9th through.

And so on alternating.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This be reason enough for me not to join a club.

If anyone is on the 9th you should not be allowed to tee off on the 10th

Having to wait mid round for next people to tee off is madness

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If we've started on the 10th and then there's a queue on the 1st, as soon as we are on the 18th green nobody should tee off and they let us through, if there's a queue at the 10th which is rare then those ready to tee off as we walk off the 9th green do so and then we go next as we are in play and its alternated.

I had a rant on here a few years ago after queueing at the 1st at a previous club, I was watching & waiting for 4 groups to tee off before us and then the captain and his 3 mates turned up and glared at us, we were a two-ball.

When I was about to tee off on the 2nd in a National matchplay match one of his mates who was a member, literally, said to me I should have let them through as the captain has courtesy of the course. I said firstly we had waited nearly 40 minutes to tee off and didn't care if it was the queen, nobody was teeing off in front of me, and also added what sense was it to let a fourball through in front of a two-ball, we would be right up your backside immediately and be looking to let through, he said, well you wouldn't come through!!!

My god I'm glad I'm at the club I am now, fate dealt a great hand to me.....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This be reason enough for me not to join a club.

If anyone is on the 9th you should not be allowed to tee off on the 10th

Having to wait mid round for next people to tee off is madness

So a group is walking off the tee of the par 4 9th. A group arrives to start their round on the 10th. They have to wait?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

As long as you schedule 9 tee times off the 1st, then leave a 9 tee time gap, the effect is the same as if you started 9 tee times earlier - you have 'gained' 9 tee times!

And, on a 'full' course, you only have (those) 9 Tee times available on the 10th.

Simply allowing groups to start on either the 1st or the 10th requires rules such as those mentioned in the thread - and then only if the course has real gaps. otherwise there's a chance that the course will become 'overfull', a major cause of slow play!

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sitting here in Antigua waiting for my next hurricane to appear (Jose due tommorrow) you get a completely different perspective on the concept of 'having to wait' and time.

I really don't think I will be able to get stressed about waiting o a golf course again.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sitting here in Antigua waiting for my next hurricane to appear (Jose due tommorrow) you get a completely different perspective on the concept of 'having to wait' and time.

I really don't think I will be able to get stressed about waiting o a golf course again.

Read the stinger thread Dunc, learn to hit it low in the wind. 😁👍

Good luck out there me man