How long a winning partnership

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
So the new season brings team comps against other teams from other clubs.
Last year I started a partnership with a mate and we ended up undefeated with 3 wins 1 half.
We go again Sunday.

Do you play team comps?

Have you a regular partner?

How long is your winning streak in games or years.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
when Nairn won the Moray and Nairn league back to back a couple of years ago, all the 3 low handicap section players were unbeaten in those 2 season. But this was individual rather than pairings.

As we kept the same players both those years for all games, it was decided that the club would be more inclusive with selection and give everyone a chance since then.

FYI i don't think we have won a single game since in any of the sections

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the same partners for Bowmakers and similar and we sort it out between a few of us who is going to partner who in 4BBB.

Only a couple of wins and sadly one win missed because my partner picked up my ball believing it to one of the other pairs provisional . The ball was just 6 inches form the hole.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I find team comps really really stressful, because I don't want to drag my partner down and that puts a lot of pressure on me, usually. And under pressure, my shots get worse. But I teamed up with another high handicapper from my club (we really hit it equally badly most of the time) and we made a kind of "no apologies needed" pact. So now we enjoy playing together in all comps which allow mixed teams, even though we don't have much of a chance of ever winning anything. We will play the next one two weeks from now. And then I'll play another one at the end of May with my mum (parent-child-comp). That's fine as well. We play with each other socially almost every week, so we now exactly what to expect from each other. No apologies needed there either.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had an unbeaten run in club friendly matches of about ten games until it was rudely broken by a sound beating last year. Already been stuffed once this year. I don't have a regular partner in these games and it's dependant on who the captain picks. Looking forward to the winter knockout with my new partner (we don't play the summer knockout as it's foursomes). Done ok in our better ball events and two top five finishes

D

Deleted Member 1156

We have 2 medals at my place where the top 16 in each qualify for matchplay. One is the first medal of the year and the KO goes through the summer, the other is the last medal and then runs through the winter. I won the summer one a couple of years ago and the winter one this year and I didn't enter any other knockout competitions in between so my record currently stands at 8-0-0

I'm expecting a call from Thomas Bjorn to see if I'm free in September :D

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our County league in the summer is played in 4BBB format. I usually play (when picked) with the same person, who I also play in the same group with most weekends. Pretty sure he wishes he had another partner at times but generally we do quite well. This season we have won one and halved one. We also play together in our clubs 4BBB comp.