Playing 18 hole shotgun start on a 9 hole course

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doesn't matter. I've not seen courses like that do differently. Finish the front 9 then begin again on the back nine

Yours is not the only opinion that has any merit. If you look at my post #35, players are playing the holes in the same sequence they follow in a normal non-shotgun start. I would say that is logical.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Yours is not the only opinion that has any merit. If you look at my post #35, players are playing the holes in the same sequence they follow in a normal non-shotgun start. I would say that is logical.
She mentions the stroke indices, not how they play the holes.
No mine is not the only one with any merit, but as I seem to be the only one who has a clue about what EVERY 9 hole course does, perhaps it carries most weight eh?

sjw

Visit site
No it's perfectly logical, unless you're saying that 9 hole courses with two sets of tees should operate differently to 9 hole courses with one set of tees, which would be illogical.

Well I mean here, you're saying that 9 hole courses with two sets of tees (which are therefore very similar to 18-hole courses) should - and apparently do - operate differently to 18-hole courses. That could be argued as illogical.