How is your game going so far this season?

D

Deleted member 17920

not bad started lessons at the end of feb and gained i bit of distance with my irons. dropped my handicap from 6.4 to 5 dead. also got my putting back on track which was what has been killing me most of the season. Trouble is now we don't have any comps till sept.
No club comps at Nairn or Moray?

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been a bit of a stop start season for me, not really played enough to kick on as much as I would have liked but it will come when I have got time.

Won a major comp at the new club which helped me make a lot of new friends :eek:

Come down from 13 to 11 so far but can certainly improve on that a lot more I feel once I get my regular 2-3 games a week going again. Been impressed how well ive hit the ball with so many breaks in between rounds but just need to scratch up my short game and I will comfortably be in single figures I reckon.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No club comps at Nairn or Moray?[/QUOTE

prob some a moray, trouble is the last time i played moray the fairways were in terrible condition. lots of bare patches and they had left the grass long so you ended up in a sort of birds nest if you hit the middle of the fairway.

Nairn, no comp this weekend, then its the 4 day open (5 hour round mostly visitors) then the course is closed for a week to graden the greens. Ive an open at Royal Dornoch in Sept and one at Tain end of season.

Time to just play some fun golf. arranged recp at CS,Grantown and Spey Valley. Then a trip to Scotscrag, then a jolly with the boys to Fife at the beg of Sept.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going quite well, need to get a bit more consistent and better course management at times.

Have had about 5 top 4 finishes won the captains drive in, was in the winning team for the captains scramble and have won one medal and one stableford.

Handicap is going the right way I have dropped 2.9 shots though I did have a bit of a wobble over the last month but 3rd in the medal and it looks like i could be back.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back n of last year when I put my cards in I'd had a spell where I was playing 2 or 3 times a week, plus range sessions and lessons and I could really see big improvements, looked forward to this season and which is also why I said I would be in single figures for H4H.

However, work got in the way, got to pay the bills, course closed when I've been able to play and even though I was at the range, tis not the same as hitting a ball off grass. I've not played anywhere as near as much as I would've liked and my game has suffered, it's just starting to pick up again and with my 2 weeks annual leave on the horizon I will be out as often as I can.

In a nutshell, not enough games or practice has really killed my game this year, started 17.1 now 18.6 ad going the wrong way, but that doesn't matter, I'm getting exercise and if the sun is out, well that's a bonus.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hitting the ball as nice as ever, but simply can't score. 1 or 2 bad holes a round are killing scores, I would say this is more because of the course than myself.

This could be me! Striking it great, go to another course don't play well and buffer, play well and it's 40 odd points, come home play well get 0.1 back!

100% changing course next year, but still searching for a new course to call home.

I'm not quite here yet but it's starting to look like an option as I'm nearer double figures than category 1 now!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After what started as a good year, soon turned to utter rubbish at the beginning of April. Tried to play through, but it didn't work and just got more frustrated and didn't want to play whatsoever. Took a break from the game, and didn't play for about a month. Started going back to the range and played a couple of rounds, but then haven't played again for a month. Looking forward to hopefully playing my first round in a long time on saturday, and the following weekend I go away for 3 days to play!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As over the last 6-8 weeks I've had to start getting used to what is essentially a new swing things are actually going well. Swing feels much better and feels to be a good basis for more consistency - and I am much more able to play to my handicap or very close to it. And that's good.

Acid test coming up next weekend as I am playing in the Open 4BBB at my previous club. I got down to 6hcap and knew the course inside out but haven't played it for maybe 20yrs. So it's going to be interesting to see how my new swing copes with my expectations of what I am able to score around the place. I'm playing with my best buddy - we were 4BBB champs at the old club two years in succession and reached final 3rd year - we are curious on how we'll get on as he hasn't played there for 20 yrs also (and he was off 5 when he left)

Mastercracker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played in a Midweek Medal last night and came back with a net 68 (par 70) so a small cut from 12.1 to 11.7. Again went out in my now customary 44 but came back in 36 (2 over gross), including a fantastic 2 on our par 3 245 yard 15th, and a chip in 2 on the par 3 17th.
Tee shot on 15 finished here, probably the best shot I've hit all year. If only it had gone 3 foot further right!IMG_1207.jpg

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
not bad started lessons at the end of feb and gained i bit of distance with my irons. dropped my handicap from 6.4 to 5 dead. also got my putting back on track which was what has been killing me most of the season. Trouble is now we don't have any comps till sept.
Start playing away, i won't tell your wife.:lol:

Sponge1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Started off like a train, won 2 trophies got to the final of our county matchplay championship and cut my handicap down to 4.6. Unfortunately my form has slumped somewhat, my short game seems to have gone AWOl and my handicap is now 5.1, up .1 from where I started.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On a two week sabbatical. Wife had operation today and due home tomorrow so looking after her all weekend and making sure she's not in too much pain. Course closed for the Red Bull race. I'll either have benefitted from no practice or playing or I'll be total rubbish. Never a half measure with my game

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
After a slow start I was starting to play well with some decent scores in comps, then had a 5 week hiatus due to work commitments and holidays etc. Went out last night for the first time in ages and played OK ish, short game was way off the mark though although it was just a bit of a laugh and I was trying stupid "hero" shots.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Changed Golf clubs very early in the year to a longer, tighter, more heavily bunkered, sloping etc... That, allied to some big changes at work meaning spending lots of time away from the course has seen my handicap rise from 4.7 to nudging against 5.5.

The positives are my long game, especially the long irons, is probably the best its ever been. And I'm loving my new home. My putting average is up by 2 full shots but I'll blame the greens.

But I've qualified for the Medal final, played at the end of the month, so I guess the game is in pretty good shape.

Most importantly, after 46yrs and 1mth I still absolutely love playing golf.

brysoni23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Changed Golf clubs very early in the year to a longer, tighter, more heavily bunkered, sloping etc... That, allied to some big changes at work meaning spending lots of time away from the course has seen my handicap rise from 4.7 to nudging against 5.5.

The positives are my long game, especially the long irons, is probably the best its ever been. And I'm loving my new home. My putting average is up by 2 full shots but I'll blame the greens.

But I've qualified for the Medal final, played at the end of the month, so I guess the game is in pretty good shape.

Most importantly, after 46yrs and 1mth I still absolutely love playing golf.

Played local par 9 this morning. Managed a 42 but 4 pars for 9 I'm over the moon.
Just wish I could hit woods off the tee instead of 5 iron haha