How is your game going so far this season?

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Change clubs and they going well , back to cat 1 as well , breaking 75 gross regular , next step is to shoot in the 60`s , nuff said

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you looked at in in pure handicap terms then I've not gone anywhere (11.4 at the start and now 11.3). However in terms of my playing I am very happy with the quality of ball striking, better short game and holing out. The biggest issue is throwing in one or two bad holes per competitive round that are causing missed buffers, usually by no more than a shot or two. They keep coming from nowhere.

Last weekend I actually felt I was struggling though but had still managed to play the first six holes in one over gross without swinging well or having any real idea where it was going. Then lost two balls on the 7th and racked up a 9. For the remainder of the round I was steady until I missed a short putt on 12 and had a nasty double on 16.

That was the worse I've hit it all season and so putting it down as a blip. The silly mistakes that are causing the bad holes is more habit forming. On the plus side I'm chipping much better although again last weekend that regressed. I'm still very happy in overall terms and it's a case of keep working hard, keep plugging away and being patient

D

Deleted member 15344

Game is ok - have had good days , great days , poor days and ok days - had my first hole in one - closely followed by another one in a club match , lowest round ever in a 67 ( 4 under gross ) and won Captains Day and Winter singles but have also had my highest comp round in a while

But overall I have still enjoyed myself and met some new faces and played some great new courses

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hitting the ball as nice as ever, but simply can't score. 1 or 2 bad holes a round are killing scores, I would say this is more because of the course than myself.
100% changing course next year, but still searching for a new course to call home.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hitting the ball as nice as ever, but simply can't score. 1 or 2 bad holes a round are killing scores, I would say this is more because of the course than myself.
100% changing course next year, but still searching for a new course to call home.

Sounds similar to me but can't blame the course. In as good a condition as I can remember it.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had high hopes of coming down 2 or 3 shots this summer after an encouraging winter but after playing in a qualifier every week the net result is 0.4 increase. One small cut, plenty of buffers and a few +0.1's. The biggest problem has been loss of confidence with the driver brought on by over swinging. Trying to slow my back swing down to see if that helps but mixed results in the last few rounds.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In January played a winter comp on full tees and greens and was 6 under gross after 10 holes, a silly thought came to mind on 11th tee then wheels fell off and shot level par and my game has been since then, summoned up in one word ............... Dogdoo

D

Deleted member 17920

Pleased so far with the season, started the year without a golf swing, really playing bad and had no confidence at all, slowly worked on it and happy, still having a big blow up hole in the medals etc, finished 2nd in a board comp so that's my best finish to date, started the season on 10 and still off 10, would like a cut to 9 before the season ends.

Met some great people and played some fantastic courses so really can't grumble as that what golf is all about for me.

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's going well,1st time as a member of a course with my first official handicap of 18 to start the season. I'm at 13.1 at the minute might have been lower if weather didn't interrupt mid-round last week! Still hope to get to initial target of 12 before the season ends.

Not it much new equipment a new driver and shoes is about it.

Best thing I did joining a club I can't imagine not being a member of somewhere now, met plenty of good people already.

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First year as a full member and improved from 23 to 18 HC!

Won a board camp and due to play royal birkdale on the 18th as a consequence!!!

A few new clubs and being able to practice on the course and the short game area has brought the scores down and kept me in contention! Finished 3rd in the midweek medal ( 3scores from 5 rounds)

Now standing 3rd in the overall nett ( 6 from 26)!

Love being a member of a club and can't believe I waited till nearly 50 years of age to do it!!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Things aren't going too badly, I have found a lot more consistency and despite a few 0.1 increases I have come down 2.6 and have buffered or better around 15 times. Just having a bit of an up and down recently, 2 very poor rounds followed by a cut. Just hope I can steady things in the last month of the season and maybe get down to Cat 2.

One first for me this year is I played in a Pro Am, and am due to play in another next month.

I have achieved my season's aim but only in a team competition, so I hope I can do it in a medal round too.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just finished our betterball quarter final at 9pm in near darkness. We lost on the 19th after being dormy 3 which was a bit disappointing.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clint Eastwood type golf for me , the good the bad and the ugly. I still have hopes of a further cut , if it stays warm and dry . :thup:

Last edited:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Started the season at 21.1 and am now at 12.5. Still time to get it down a fair bit more too. Biggest change for me has been course management.

D

Deleted member 17920

Started the season at 21.1 (Because I put 3 dodgy cards in for handicap) and am now at 12.5. Still time to get it down a fair bit more too. Biggest change for me has been course management and not shanking it as much :D.
FTFY Cam :whoo:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not bad started lessons at the end of feb and gained i bit of distance with my irons. dropped my handicap from 6.4 to 5 dead. also got my putting back on track which was what has been killing me most of the season. Trouble is now we don't have any comps till sept.