How far do you live from your home course

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
68 seconds by car (if the lights are against me) although that does only get me to the gates/driveway, so I guess another 45 seconds to add on :unsure:

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
I love Dartmouth, not jealous at all.

A much better course than Churston too. Haven't plaid Wrangaton in a long time but I remember I liked it. I would love to move back to Devon and join Dartmouth though
I'm a 9 hole player, but pay and play on the championship a bit. Really enjoy Wrangaton, the difference between the two 9's is huge!!!

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm a 9 hole player, but pay and play on the championship a bit. Really enjoy Wrangaton, the difference between the two 9's is huge!!!

My mate lives in Dartmouth and is taking up golf so played the club course at Easter with him, still a very nice course, a touch easier than the championship.

Yes that's right exposed moorland and parkland isn't it, yes I did enjoy playing it

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Yes, first nine is moorland, second nine parkland. Bit of a marmite course, you love it or hate it!
Yeah the Club Course is definitely easier. Can get a twilight round for £15 on the Championship, great value.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Sad I know but my memberships are strategic to play as much as i can throughout the year depending on light in mornings and evenings etc. to work around my relationship and work commitments as much as I practically can.

Home Course:

2mins drive. Allows me to play before/after work during long summer days. My favoured course but typically don't get in many comps.

Work Course:

10mins away from work but around 40mins from home, allows me to play before/after work when days are shorter but not throughout winter. Involves taking clubs to office however so try to play around home course when I have time.

Intermediate Course:
10mins drive. Play most weekends, some evenings. Best bunch of members and loads of social activity. Only play in comps here or practice on the practice ground. Never play non competitive rounds.

D

Deleted member 1418

From the gate at the bottom of my garden to our 6th tee - I would guess less than 100 paces!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1.5miles door to door but we have a 0.8mike drive from the club gates to clubhouse door. From my house to the course boundary is approx 800 yards but I have to climb Mount Everest twice as it’s through a country park

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
My club is handily situated between my home and place of work...15 miles and a 25 minute drive from home but 48 miles and 57 minutes from my place of work.

I have to drive past the club on the way home and its only a couple of miles detour off the A12 to get to. I've been known in the summer to get up at the crack of sparrows, play 18 and then continue my journey to work.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
40-45 minutes from my Home club

25 minutes from one of my other club's but it has 3 top notch courses and excellent practice facilities

4-5 minutes from my day 2 day course

about 90 minutes from my last club