How far do you live from your home course

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
as the title suggest how far do you all live from your home course.

I grew up 3 miles from my course, and I think that's spoiled me, as now I won't look at clubs which involves a drive to. So wondering what you all travel to play

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a 10 minute drive from mine. I don't actually drive but if I can't get a lift from someone I can get two buses and a short walk, or even an Uber which is only 8 or 9 quid.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nairn is 18 miles door to door, when i was a member at Tain it was just over 40, my mate is a member at Royal Dornoch thats 50 miles.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
15 miles/25 minutes - no hardship as the route is not particularly busy as my normal departure time is 6.45 am.

Buckbeak

Visit site
Depends on the time of day because London traffic is ridiculous. But normally a 15 minute drive for an early tee off and a 25 minute drive back in the afternoon - long enough for me to be able to criticise how bad I played in my head. Either that or about 20 mins by train

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
24 km (15 miles), about 25 minutes, longer during rush hour. Which is why I got a second membership this year at a course very close to my home and workplace (2 miles from home, less than a mile from my workplace). I like the course, it is very posh and well maintained, but I don't like the club overly much (because it is very posh ... you get the idea). Also, a full regular membership at that club would cost more than both memberships cost me together with the current arrangement.

D

Deleted member 25172

4.1 miles, or: 3 min walk to bus, 8-10 min on the bus followed by a 10 min walk. So let's say 25 min door to locker room. Then it's a 3 min walk from club house to our course as the course and club house are on opposite sides of a dual carriageway.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
18 miles which is about 30 minutes by car. Well worth it for membership at Blairgowrie considering my nearest course is over 20 minutes drive.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
10-15 minute drive for me. Would travel up to half an hour for a home course but nothing further than that.